Name of connectors similar to Barrel and JST connectors

Thread Starter


Joined Dec 5, 2011
I have a few devices with broken connectors and I'm looking to replace this connector.
I'm not looking to replace it with an exact connector, just one that works.
I searched 5v Barrel Connector on ebay but the search term didn't yield a very popular selection so I assume this wasn't the most common name.

All I'm looking for is a connector that has both the positive and negative pins on the same connector.

I've considered:
-A simple Female MicroUSB Tabbed Pins and just using the power pins and ignoring the serial Pins)
-JST pin (Don't really like these since they don't disconnect as smoothly as I like)
- Barrel Connector (Ideal but searching for an exact fit pair is a bit confusing for me)


Joined Oct 29, 2013
You don't give a lot of details about what you need, but if you want a heavy duty connector that will hold tight then deans connectors are fantastic. They're typically used to connect batteries on flying toys, so they will handle tons of current. Maybe more than you need, but they're solid heavy duty connectors:


Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm looking for a connector that is easily connectted and disconnected and preferably is small.
I recently acquired a lot of these broken Pipette Guns$_1.JPG.

And all of them have the same problem, the broken connector so I'm considering my options.
I would like to know if there is a source that can give me an overview of what connectors exist.


Joined Jun 26, 2012
From the picture it looks like a DC power plug like these from Mouser?
Digikey has them as well.
If it looks like the one, you'll need to know the diameter of the pin to find the right family. Pull the datasheet to check the rest of the dims.
Switchcraft, Kycon and CUI make some good ones.
If those aren't it, as AK says, post a picture and maybe some measurements.
Good luck