What is coupling ?

kurios

Joined Sep 29, 2005
hi
can i know about the coupling what is the basic funciton of this coupling and also describe me briefly about the D.C, A.C and capacitor coupling. it would be my pleasure to know about it from u people.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by kurios@Nov 22 2005, 11:54 PM
hi
can i know about the coupling what is the basic funciton of this coupling and also describe me briefly about the D.C, A.C and capacitor coupling. it would be my pleasure to know about it from u people.
[post=11851]Quoted post[/post]​
hi,

check this out
Capacitor coupling

moz

kurios

Joined Sep 29, 2005
well thanx moz but can u explain in simple and precise words please i want a precise and to the point definition please do me favor :)

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
From the Grass Valley Website:

AC coupling
A method of coupling one circuit to another through a capacitor or transformer so as to transmit the varying (AC) characteristics of the signal while blocking the static (DC) characteristics. In some analog GVG distribution amplifiers, when the AC coupling mode is selected, a feedback loop maintains the output signal at an average DC level of 0 volts regardless of APL (average picture level) or DC offset of the incoming signal.

AC/DC coupling
May also be called simply DC coupling. Coupling between circuits which accommodates the passing of both AC and DC signals.

DC coupling
A method of coupling one circuit to another so as to transmit the static (DC) characteristics of the signal as well as the varying (AC) characteristics. Any DC offset present on the input signal is maintained and will be present in the output. Some GVG distribution amplifiers may be set for true DC coupling. This method of coupling is the preferred mode for component analog video signals, particularly Y, R-Y, B-Y, which has negative-going energy in the R-Y and B-Y channels.

kurios

Joined Sep 29, 2005
thanx thingmaker i do appreciate ur quick response and have u knowledge about the capacitor coupling and the methods of coupling and transformer coupling