What component to use when playing single MP3 files

nicole__

Joined May 4, 2017
Hi!

I intend to try to begin a simple project involving mp3 files playing, but I am not really sure what components to use. I am an absolute beginner, and any thoughts will be helpful.

So, what I want to do is similar to those children books which play a given sound when you open each page. The idea is to have an mp3 file (or any file extension that can support regular songs) recorded to the component (it could be via SD card or anything else, but the smaller the better) and sensors to identify whether the page is opened or not. I am good with the sensors part, but I am not really sure what components to use in order to store and play the mp3 file.

I would appreciate some help with what components I can use and how to use them. It would be great if you could indicate me similar projects.

Thank you.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
There are a few ways you can go about doing what I think you are after. Start with google of Chipcorders. These are actually analog storage chips, the first allowed about 20 seconds and now they increase from there as to recording times. ISD (Information Storage Devices), now Nuvoton pioneered the initial chips. These are the types used in greeting cards and similar. It depends on how much data you want to store?

Then yes, there are also SD card devices available, SparkFun sells a few kits. SparkFun Audio-Sound Breakout - WTV020SD is one such example depending on what exactly you want to do and the memory required to get it done.

Ron

nicole__

Joined May 4, 2017
There are a few ways you can go about doing what I think you are after. Start with google of Chipcorders. These are actually analog storage chips, the first allowed about 20 seconds and now they increase from there as to recording times. ISD (Information Storage Devices), now Nuvoton pioneered the initial chips. These are the types used in greeting cards and similar. It depends on how much data you want to store?

Then yes, there are also SD card devices available, SparkFun sells a few kits. SparkFun Audio-Sound Breakout - WTV020SD is one such example depending on what exactly you want to do and the memory required to get it done.

Ron
Thank you for you reply.

I would like to store about 40 seconds of audio. It doesn't need to be mp3, just anything that resembles an actual song :)