What Chip is this?

Cytex

Joined May 31, 2022
Hi everybody
I hope I am at the right place, I was hoping to get some help in identifying a chip that has blown on my stereo ampifier, a Kinki EX M7.
It is with 14 pins and in the pwer input board. I would like to order a replacement. Would any of you be able to help? That would be very kind. I have added some photos that hopefully allow you to id it. The amp works with the chip removed. My guess is that it could be a PWM, such as TI UCC35701NN.

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Welcome to AAC, @Cytex
Can you read any of the identification on the chip?
If it was the main PWM chip then the circuit would not work without it. Maybe it is the protection chip - overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, etc.

Cytex

Joined May 31, 2022
Thank you for your prompt help! I re-checked with a stereo loupe, and I can actually recognize some writing:
12 8 YP
LM324N

Cytex

Joined May 31, 2022
Apparently, there are OpAmps with less distortion and noise, such as OP470 or LMC660. This is what I learned from a search.

Cytex

Joined May 31, 2022
I will learn after swapping in the alternatives and comparing to the original. In my experience, in audio, better quality parts improve the sound.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
If it is on the power supply board, it is not likely in the audio path. Odd that it works without the chip (which also proves it is not in the audio path)

Bob

Cytex

Joined May 31, 2022
Right - well, it costs me 15$ to test two more OpAmps. An inferior chip could inject noise, and eventually the audio signal is modulated on the electricity supplied by the power supply.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Right - well, it costs me 15$ to test two more OpAmps. An inferior chip could inject noise, and eventually the audio signal is modulated on the electricity supplied by the power supply.
Or a "better" higher gain or higher speed chip could oscillate.