What cause the 24vdc to slow down when heating core is turned On?

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
I had issues, but I don't really know what I'd wrong because any time I turn on the heater core then the speed of the 24vdc brushless motor slowdown. when the heater is set to low power the speed of the motor raises higher, but when the heater is set to full power the speed of the motor slow down, I thought it was the extension board so I remove and plug it into the main socket
But it's didn't resolve. Please I really need you to solve this problem, any of your help will be highly appreciated.Screenshot_20220824-134000_Electric Circuit Studio.jpg

Last edited:

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I suspect your wiring isn't exactly as shown in the diagram. Can you break-out the mains feed to the transformer onto a separate plug-top to verify.

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
I suspect your wiring isn't exactly as shown in the diagram. Can you break-out the mains feed to the transformer onto a separate plug-top to verify.
That's exactly what I did before I found out that there's something wrong. After I had those issues I separate the transformer from the heating core and plug it into both the extension board and the main wall socket which everything works fine. I don't really know what is wrong.

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
Does it still happen with the heater at full power?
You have just reminded me of something which I have forgotten to add in my thread. Yes, it happened, when the heater is set to low power the speed of the motor raises higher, but when the heater is set to full power the speed of the motor slow down.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Probably because you have the speed control pot wired as a rheostat with the maximum resistance at the centre.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
How do you think it is meant to work?
why is the transistor base connected to ground?
Why is there a variable resistance in series with the collector?
What is the purpose of all the paralleled resistors which are connected directly across the power supply? Heaters?

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
What is the purpose of all the paralleled resistors which are connected directly across the power supply? Heaters?
This base of tip123 is not connected to the ground and also the resistors in parallel connected to the base of tip122 to prevent heating. The two parallel variable resistors in the AC control the first 1m VR is used to set the max and min whiles the second VR is used to adjust the heater

Attachments

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
This base of tip123 is not connected to the ground and also the resistors in parallel connected to the base of tip122 to prevent heating. The two parallel variable resistors in the AC control the first 1m VR is used to set the max and min whiles the second VR is used to adjust the heater
I didn’t think you’d drawn it right.
Now you have got a variable resistor in series with the transistor collector. All the current for the motor has to go through that variable resistor to get to the transistor collector.
You would need 4500V to get 0.18A through that resistor set at mid point.
You probably need the variable resistor connected to the base, and the collector connected to the positive supply, don’t you think?

Don_Fila

Joined Nov 26, 2021
I didn’t think you’d drawn it right.
Now you have got a variable resistor in series with the transistor collector. All the current for the motor has to go through that variable resistor to get to the transistor collector.
You would need 4500V to get 0.18A through that resistor set at mid point.
You probably need the variable resistor connected to the base, and the collector connected to the positive supply, don’t you think?
Please that's why I need help, thank you.