What am i doing wrong here?

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024
Screenshot 2024-04-12 191532.pngScreenshot 2024-04-12 191551.png

Getting "could not open file.." shown in the first image, when trying to do transient analysis, is my circuit wrong or am i missing something

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hard to say for sure, since you don't even indicate what simulator you are using.

The usual reason for not being able to open a file is either that the file name is not correct, or the file is not located where it should be. If neither of those is the culprit, then another possibility is that the file is locked by another application, such as might happen if you have it open in an editor.

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024
Hard to say for sure, since you don't even indicate what simulator you are using.

The usual reason for not being able to open a file is either that the file name is not correct, or the file is not located where it should be. If neither of those is the culprit, then another possibility is that the file is locked by another application, such as might happen if you have it open in an editor.
this is ltspice

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024
No. Both relays use the same model file.

Place the cp1-12.txt in the same folder as the schematic.
Then place this directive on the schematic:

.inc cp1-12.txt
how exactly do you add the directive on the schematic:
No. Both relays use the same model file.

Place the cp1-12.txt in the same folder as the schematic.
Then place this directive on the schematic:

.inc cp1-12.txt
so i place the text file in the same folder as the cp1-12 or cp1a-12, and how exactly do i add the directive on the schematic, sorry im a beginner

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
1. Click on the schematic to give it active focus. Then type the letter "t" to open a text window.
2. Select the "Spice directive" radio button.
3. Click in the text box and type ".inc CP1-12.txt" without the quotes.
4. Click "Ok", the text widow will close and the text will be attached to the cursor.
5. Click on the schematic to place the text on the schematic.
6. Done

so i place the text file in the same folder as the cp1-12 or cp1a-12
Yes. Place the cp1-12.txt file and both .asy symbol files in the same folder as the schematic .asc file.

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024

so i place the text file in the same folder as the cp1-12 or cp1a-12, and how exactly do i add the directive on the schematic, sorry im a beginner
just to make sure is this the right symbol
1. Click on the schematic to give it active focus. Then type the letter "t" to open a text window.
2. Select the "Spice directive" radio button.
3. Click in the text box and type ".inc CP1-12.txt" without the quotes.
4. Click "Ok", the text widow will close and the text will be attached to the cursor.
5. Click on the schematic to place the text on the schematic.
6. Done

Yes. Place the cp1-12.txt file and both .asy symbol files in the same folder as the schematic .asc file.
Added it but another question, in this symbol for cp1-12 which are the pins exactly like which are the coil pins and which is the NC and NO

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013

Added it but another question, in this symbol for cp1-12 which are the pins exactly like which are the coil pins and which is the NC and NO
Yes. CP1-12.asy is for CP1-12 and CP1a-12.asy is for CP1a-12. But they both use CP1-12.txt model file.

From datasheet page 5:

1713216998908.png

Last edited:

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024

for some reason it still says the same thing, the txt file exists within that folder

tienk

Joined Apr 8, 2024
I don't what your referring to but that's not the symbol I posted.
Post your LTspice schematic and I'll add the relays and upload.
1713296670266.png
i have added the schematic file and the image of how it should be, but that is the symbol in the file for cp1-12

Attachments