What age did you start feeling pain from approaching storms?

Thread Starter

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I remember my grandparents always used to complain about their joints and attribute it to a storm coming; and they were usually right. I've experience back pain/stiffness twice now followed shortly by a storm and wondering if it's coincidence or am I getting prematurely old. I'm only 25. Anybody have this pain before a storm? if so, how old were you when it started?
 

Thread Starter

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I'm 60 and it hasn't started yet.
I suppose you don't have any grey hairs either. I've got 20 greys last time I counted. My uncle was white headed at 35; started in his 20's so I guess I'm destined for whiteness.
 

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
2,390
Started when I was in my late 30's, but is related to injuries that didn't get proper after care.
I think that's how they usually start. My grandmother had bad knees since she was a little girl, and she had several surgeries. She didn't heal completely and she said she could feel storms coming. I have noticed that usually, if someone claims that they can feel the storm, it is in a part of their body where they had a serious injury and/or surgery at one point. Have you had any major injuries before, strantor?
 

Thread Starter

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I think that's how they usually start. My grandmother had bad knees since she was a little girl, and she had several surgeries. She didn't heal completely and she said she could feel storms coming. I have noticed that usually, if someone claims that they can feel the storm, it is in a part of their body where they had a serious injury and/or surgery at one point. Have you had any major injuries before, strantor?
no major injuries but a history of stupid abuse. In my late teens I worked for a few years for a shady moving company. I remember several times carrying or dragging several hundred pound objects up flights of stairs by myself. didn't wear a lifting belt; didn't lift properly, and lifted things way more than one person should attempt. I thought I was a badass but I was just a dumbass. I learned later how & when to lift things and how bad you really can mess up your back. I figured I got away with it since I was young at the time, but now I'm not so sure.
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
18 when I shattered my foot, then 33 when I hurt my back. Its just the barametric pressure changing and your joints are inflamed and detect it. They are usually inflamed a bit even when not in pain so when the pressure changes you just feel it in the joints, bones, and ligements that were injured. You will also get it with normal arthritis too so many people get it over time without an injury. But most of the time when its someone young its due to an injury. Proper care has little to do with it. Naturally it can be worst without proper care, but it can happen in both situations.
 

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
790
When I was a kid everyday before school I used to have pain on different places of my body and after school ends the pain used to disappear ,my parents used to drag me to school bus they knew the reason for the pain. Now I am 22+ still lazy...
 

#12

Joined Nov 30, 2010
18,224
@strantor

I have a good patch of grey above both ears, but I must be equipped differently from most people. The last time I was required to show identification to get into a bar, I was 42 years old! My 25 year old niece, standing beside me, was not "carded". Go figure.
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Thats normal. Bars want as many women as possible to get into the bar so many that aren't even 18 get in. Men follow the women and they buy drinks. Thats why when you get em drunk you always check ID, then run a background check. I've dodged quite a few bullets that way. Had one buddy that wasn't so lucky. We met this chick, she was decent looking and seemed nice but quiet. So we set our friend up with her. Things were going great for about a month till we were all sitting around surfing the net and found he picture in the newspaper. She was charged with moving here from ohio with her boyfriend, then they locked her children up in a closet for 6 months. When the kids were found they were way under weight and really sick. She blamed it on him and only got probation, he got like 5 years. We felt so bad setting him up wth her. Then I learned hey, those background checks aren't just for women anymore, guys need to check on these whacko broads too.
 

#12

Joined Nov 30, 2010
18,224
Speaking of whacko broads and jail time, I heard from a girlfriend that her co-worker had a habit of getting drunk, picking up a guy for sex, and when she felt "morning after" remorse, she charged him with rape. When I heard about this, she was on her third prosecution and the "rape shield" law protects the accuser from having her history presented in court as a defense for the accused.

This isn't the same as feeling pain because of an approching storm, but it is about feeling pain. It's also a good reason not to be a male slut. Banging strangers can cause a world of pain.
 

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
Look out your window I think you have storm a brewing off the coast.
First day of Lobster season,waters have been very rough.Always at
least one death,they found a guy floating in the Fla Key's.Storms every
where for today,a few tropical storm's check the weather map of U.S.
humid bad for joint's.
 

JingleJoe

Joined Jul 23, 2011
186
Many of my joints hurt most of the time, it signifies either that I've been leaning over my workbench for too long again, or that everyone is still a bunch of bastards and I quote;
"people, what a bunch of bastards!" - Roy
 

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Speaking of whacko broads and jail time, I heard from a girlfriend that her co-worker had a habit of getting drunk, picking up a guy for sex, and when she felt "morning after" remorse, she charged him with rape. When I heard about this, she was on her third prosecution and the "rape shield" law protects the accuser from having her history presented in court as a defense for the accused.

This isn't the same as feeling pain because of an approching storm, but it is about feeling pain. It's also a good reason not to be a male slut. Banging strangers can cause a world of pain.
I knew a girl that did that to 3 teachers. Thankfully she was a whacko and after lots of investigation the charges were dismissed.
 

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
23,830
If she keeps it up and it can be proved she is doing this she is both libel for civil and criminal liabilities. The shield law protect her history, but all people have civil liberties, including protection from wrongful prosecution. All it takes is a camera phone.
 
Top