Washing Machine Switch Connectors

jowjow

Joined May 28, 2022
Hello, I have a washing machine door switch which went bad. but the replacement I was given uses numbers as oppose to letters to mark the individual connectors.

anyone can advise what the numbers typically refer to?

the original one has connectors: N L C

the new one: 1 3 2

thanks

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Does the machines wiring have a connector on the end? If so it should only fit in one direction. If that is true the meaning of the letters or number is moot.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Doesn't even appear to be an identical unit?
Physically?
…Especially if you look at the outer shells of both units connectors. Very different, and it may not even fit into the mating connector if the washing machine.

I’d try a dry fit before I continued much further.

jowjow

Joined May 28, 2022
…Especially if you look at the outer shells of both units connectors. Very different, and it may not even fit into the mating connector if the washing machine.

I’d try a dry fit before I continued much further.
thx for the message, yes its a little different but it fits, was told its a compatible version and that all washing machine locks virtually do the same function

jowjow

Joined May 28, 2022
Does the machines wiring have a connector on the end? If so it should only fit in one direction. If that is true the meaning of the letters or number is moot.
its a little different and the original connector does not fit out of the box. it fits with some force, hence my concern

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
1. Do the wires attach as three separate wires with Faston terminals, or as a 3-wire integrated socket?

2. Wire colors? If you connect them in the same order, the markings should not matter.

ak

jowjow

Joined May 28, 2022
thx everyone, got it sorted out and working. the trick was to open it up and compare the original with the new. it was relatively easy to match which connector is which that way.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
thx everyone, got it sorted out and working. the trick was to open it up and compare the original with the new. it was relatively easy to match which connector is which that way.
I'm happy you got it sorted out. I repaired my washer once. Wasn't pumping out the water so I bought another pump. The first weekend after it arrived I scooped out as much water as I could, propped the machine on it's side, and did the "open it up" thing to remove the "bad" pump.

As soon as I got the hose to the pump off I was hit in the face by the last gallon of swampy water left in the tub. Plus one wet dirty sock.

At least now I know where socks go to die.