Wanted flat bed scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I sold off my old HP flatbed not long ago!

Are you looking for buying advice or hoping someone like me has one to sell? If so, you should specify what interface you need. I think my old one wasSCSI.

FWIW, my current scanner is built in to one of those multi-purpose printers. It’s a Brother, it’s wireless, it was less than $50 and we love it. It always works, it’s that simple.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
color is a must, hi res would be nice
These days you can by a multi-functional printer (with integral scanner) for not much more than the cost of a scanner alone.

I recently purchased an Epson XP900 ink jet A3 printer (on offer) for less £90, whereas you can buy a Canon Lide 120 scanner for around £60.

The Canon scanner has a maximum resolution of 2400 x 2800 dpi compared to 1200 x 2400 dpi for the printer (only scans up to A4).

If you are going to do a lot of scanning, then speed of scan might be important; you could consider a scanner that has a document feeder – but these start in the hundreds of £s.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When I had my stroke I had very nice on Unfortunately the cat puked on it, so it was thrown away, just looking for a replacement, if yo don't ask...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hi Wendy,
We go way back. I have not responded your posts, because I didn't think I could help. For this, I can offer an Epson Perfection V39 color flatbed scanner. I got it awhile back when I figured I would never make another DIY PCB, which is the only reason I had a color printer (old HP inkjet). Then, last year, I needed some really quick PCB's and got an Canon PIXMA scanner/printer all in one. Have not used the V39 scanner since.

Probably no more than a dozen scans were done on it. I still have the original box. I will try to find the software that came with it, but may not be successful in that. It uses a USB interface. The connector is one of those awful micro-usb ones. Do you have a cable for that? PM me your shipping address, and it is yours. It is free with free shipping and handling from my end too. Can't beat that.

Very best regards,
John

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Unfortunately the cat puked on it...
Best laugh of the day! Trust me I’m not laughing at you but with you.

One of kids’ favorite memories is the time I caught a chipmunk or some other mammal the cats had brought in. On my way to the front door with it, I stepped in pile of cat barf. In my bare feet. I screamed and danced my way out door.

I was pretty fed up with cats at that point.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I was pretty fed up with cats at that point.
If you're a cat lover, you take the good with the bad.

We adopted a pair of feral cats who showed up on our deck one day because that's where we fed our outdoor cat (they actually lived across the road, but were essentially abandoned). We domesticated them, but the male is still very possessive of me. He sprays on me whenever I pet a dog. Don't know if he's re-claiming me or trying to cover up the stink.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I definitely fall into the cat lover camp, I also love dogs, my Siamese was raised by a very maternal large dog, so he loves dogs too. It is funny watching the two interact and gently tease each other. My current female dog was a rescue dog who is very gentle , went a little wild eyed when this strange cat started rubbing her in my home. They are now fast friends. She made it so obvious she was glad to have a home,The cat and I both got lucky. to get her.

Status
Not open for further replies.