Walmart.com selling 3D printer for US$51.99???

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
You guys should be posting reviews and contacting the seller at this point for evidence to send to Walmart... create a paper trail which have date stamps.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hm, reading the return policy, it clearly states:
"Return Window
Minimum standards:
14 days for electronics and luxury items
30 days for other items
Electronics (14 days):
Computers
Computer and video game hardware
Printers (excluding 3D printers)
...."

So I wonder if there is a loophole for 3D printers in that policy. Maybe you have to return directly to seller? The seller/scammer finds something in Walmart's return policy that is exempt and sells that...
Just a thought. Those scammers should be shut down for good.
If you did not receive a 3D printer then the 14-day return policy should still apply.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I can honestly bypass the hassle of returning the thing as 1) the day the delivery was made I did not get a 3D printer. 2) the only package I received was not a 3D printer but I do not know why I got this as it had no packing list.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I spoke with a very nice young man (incidentally with a strong Indian accent) from Walmart last night who was very sorry I never received my 3D printer and issued me a refund for the full purchase print.

Now somewhere on my desk sits a PeriPage B&W printer that is just so cute. I bet my granddaughters will like the pictures it makes too.

I don't know why someone sent it to me because I did not order it and it had no packing list.

Try to scam ME, will ya? You get nothing!

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Paying devils advocate for a moment; I wonder if someone was trying to make a new listing by copying an old listing and didn't finish the job.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Paying devils advocate for a moment; I wonder if someone was trying to make a new listing by copying an old listing and didn't finish the job.
Try reading the numerous reviews on the companies that sold and shipped these and you will find they have been playing bait and switch since day one.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Walmart may not even be aware of the loses. Joybuy also offers the same thing for about $700 on Walmart -- would anyone trust it with that?

In my experience, such corporate arrangements may have "claw back" provisions. For example, that may be part of a consumer credit card arrangement with a vendor. I would not recommend taking the matter to your credit card company, unless it was the last resort. However, Walmart may have the same provision in its marketing deal with Joybuy. I don't know or care.

My purchase made it to Cleveland on the 14th. Most of my mail goes through Cleveland. It has now disappeared in the USPS void, and the only message USPS gives is that the package is in transit to the "next facility." :(

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
It's not so much, IMHO, the refunding but rather those who just accept that they've been duped, and never file for a refund.

The first scam I ever fell for was I received a notice that an entry I made won a prize. An electronic piano. All I had to do was send them $5.99 (US) to pay for shipping. When it finally arrived, the electronic piano was as small as a Flip Phone. Oh, it was an electronic piano, but I saw others selling the same exact thing for $3.00. That was the last scam I fell for.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Quick Update

1) Box with tracking number arrived Tuesday (01/20/21). Photographed, did not open, and took to local Walmart customer. Perhaps it was just my misfortune, but the agent happened t be the supervisor. She recognized or was informed by the terminal that it was Marketplace and Walmart.com. She offered to return it, but refused a refund. She told me the Marketplace seller had to issue the refund. I pointed out that the credit card charge was by Walmart for "groceries," there was no way to contact the seller, and the seller presumably had not been given my credit card number Walmart. She told me that Walmart.com would get the money from the seller and credit my account afterwards. She insisted that individual stores and Walmart.com were separate entities and there was nothing more she could do, except return the item for me. Despite those assertions, she was able to process a return through Walmart.com and create mailing labels to the original shipper.

That process was a bit too complex to trust. I cancelled that return. ADVICE: Do not return to local store.

2) Contacted Walmart.com and was persistent in speaking with an agent. Telephone numbers seem carefully hidden. Avoid chat. Eventually, I hit on the correct response and was told Walmart would call me. Wait time: 1 minute. Almost immediately, I got a call from a very nice young lady who spoke clearly and had superb English. She was from our central time zone, I guessed midWest, but no, Central America. :) Got a little off topic and she told me some neat places to visit once things calm down and we can travel. She assured me that Walmart would make good on the refund if the seller had not done it by February 4th. She processed a return that was to a Walmart returns center in California. I felt more comfortable with that. Dropped the package off at a Fedex center yesterday (01/21/21) and this morning received this message from Walmart, "We're processing your refund." That included a statement that the refund might take up to 5 business days to appear on my credit card account.

ADVICE: Do it online, preferably with a live person, and get a "reference number." Be sure your return is to a Walmart returns center, not the the original shipper, if you have any suspicions.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
@jpanhalt Thanks for the update John.

Now that we know that this is either an error in posted advertisement or an intentional scam I am sorry for putting you all who had made the purchase to all this trouble. I should have realized that this was too good a deal to be true.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Now that we know that this is either an error in posted advertisement or an intentional scam I am sorry for putting you all who had made the purchase to all this trouble. I should have realized that this was too good a deal to be true.
Nothing to apologies for. At most I had a small let down when I did not receive what was promised as I had mapped out some cool things I wanted to do with it. By the time it arrived I was expecting to get scammed.

However, since I never received anything marked "3D printer" as mine came with no packing list I could honestly say "item not received." That is the best route to take as scam sellers are depending on the hassle vs money proposition for you to fold. Taking the "item not received" route means there is nothing to return. to return, and third party intermediators (here Walmart but PayPay would be similar) will authorize refunds every time.

I started an online chat that quickly resulted in Walmart calling me. Had a pleasant chat with a nice young man who apologized profusely and offered me a full refund, which was back in my account by the next day.

Plus I now this neat toy printer I can use to make silly pictures for my grand daughters.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
However, since I never received anything marked "3D printer" as mine came with no packing list I could honestly say "item not received." That is the best route to take as scam sellers are depending on the hassle vs money proposition for you to fold. Taking the "item not received" route means there is nothing to return. to return, and third party intermediators (here Walmart but PayPay would be similar) will authorize refunds every time.
It had a tracking number, and an item corresponding to that tracking number was received. I was uncomfortable with saying "item not received," because a little checking would prove that to be dishonest. The honest option was that item received was different than item ordered. Not that a scammer would contest your statement. I am just uncomfortable putting myself at the same level.

There is an adage that when going to a court of equity, you must have clean hands. If one lied and said they received nothing, that would not look good. Again, the likelihood of it ever getting that far is remote. That is just how I felt.

EDIT
: Walmart credit for full amount posted 01/22/21

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I wanted to report my 3D printer arrived today. Assembly was simple, and all the adjustments I was warned I would need to make were unnecessary.

I am half way thru printing some file that was on the SD card.

creality.jpg

All it took was my refund from Walmart and extra $140 bucks and Microcenter gave me a nice one.

Oh, and on the left is mini printer I received with no paperwork coincidentally on the same day the Walmart printer was supposed to be delivered.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I think it’s about time to take down the Christmas tree.
I am in complete agreement, but it is not my call or task.

First test print came out awesome. Cute 2" tall doggie printer in PLA+. Very few print artifacts here and there, sides smooth, a few swirls on the top of its head.
My phone pic just shows a white blob.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Are you using the new Cura to slice? I regret upgrading to the newest, I had an older version dialed in perfectly and the final finish use to be much nicer.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
@ErnieM I got my Creality Ender 3 3D printer exactly a year ago and I have been blown away with its utility.
I got it just before COVID lockdown and for that reason it was a life saver, so to speak. Learning to use Autodesk Inventor is more than half the enjoyment. I think I ought to be a mechanical engineer in my next life. If you need any help or advice on your printer just fire away.

About a month ago I got a CNC engraver that cost less than the 3D printer. With it I have been machining wooden toys along with learning the ropes of using Fusion 360 and building CNC machines in general. Now I am on my way to building my own DIY CNC machine about four times larger.