Walmart.com selling 3D printer for US$51.99???

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Went to buy and checkout, then noticed this:
1610017290580.png

Shipped by a Marketplace vendor is not an issue. It's the "Sold by" that concerned me.

DNA Robotics

Joined Jun 13, 2014
The price is hard to believe but it could be.
A couple years ago I got an Anet A8 Prusa i3 3D Printer ordered from Wal-Mart for $160.89. I bought it from Wal-Mart because they said I could return it to a Wal-Mart store if there were problems or needed warranty. It took a day to assemble. I have only used it a few times but it has done a nice job with no problems so far.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Hey, for fifty bucks it's worth a shot. Why, I was just thinking if I had one I could...

Only two left, orders yours NOW!

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Last edited:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
If you get a large box that weighs about 35 lbs, I’m thinking you’re good. I wonder if they’re reselling a returned product... which might not be a bad deal for all you amazing people that can make them right for a pittance.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Having been ripped off ordering from strange companies before here is my advice:

If you need to contest the shipment state the box was empty. Not incorrect, not something else, just empty. This means you will not be on the hook for any return shipping charges for some piece of crap you did not order.

My one bad experience was ordering a shelving rack from China paid for using PayPal. I expected PayPal to support me as the order terms stated no return was necessary, but when the vendor requested a return PP insisted I pay for reverse shipping back to China. Postage was almost what I had paid, and while I would get the satisfaction of knowing evil did not triumph it just wasn't worth the hassle of making up a shipping box during what was the pre-Christmas season.

However, this order is apparently backed by Walmart, so I should be able to return to a local store no muss no fuss. My Walmart account has a return button saying in-store returns are available.

Creality has no stock on this item, same with Walmart, Amazon, and several others. My guess is this item was obsoleted and either being dumped to clear the shelves, someone fat fingered the price at Walmart, or BFE is scamming thru a respected retailer. Thus there is either a win or break even here.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Judging by the use of language, I'm guessing it's from a third world country where english is FAR from the normal use. Nevertheless, I wait to hear if you get what you thought you were getting Mr. Chips.