Walmart.com selling 3D printer for US$51.99???

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Well... my 3D printer came today. BFE found some cheap piece of crap and put it in a wrapper.

Oh well... I'll see next week if Walmart takes care of me.
Looks like they ran out of tackle boxes. But the panda bears could be a big hit if you have granddaughters.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
“Oh, so sorry about mix-up. Here is the address of 7-yesr old girl in Kazakhstan who got your order. You can arrange an exchange. “

<name and address withheld>

Bob

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
The original advertisement is saved on first page. There’s no way what they sent is even close to the posted shipping weight, that would be proof enough right there.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
A 95% seller rating is too low for me to risk my time to repack/return snd delay my access to what I actually want. Not to mention driving to Walmart, waiting in line at Walmart and stand next to people without masks or improperly donned masks. My local Walmart doesn't seem to care about masks once people get past the entrance.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Strange thing is the link still works.
Someone should archive that link as evidence.
Here's a screen shot of the page. Interesting that it won't save as a web page..
The PDF is the return policy from that link. It's a hassle but I don't expect that Walmart will object. Clearly fraudulent offer if what you really get is the circled package of do-dads. Even then, nothing in the return policy that says you can't return the do-dads.
If you don't get a box like this
Package Size: 63.0 * 46.5 * 25.0cm / 24.8 * 18.3 * 9.8in
Package Weight: 15.5kg / 34.2lbs

just start the return of the unopened box with the shipping label intact.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
My order arrived at the USPS Akron distribution center. It's scheduled for Saturday delivery now, but there's a chance it will be Friday.

My plan also is simply to return it to Walmart and open it there. Since USPS is used for final delivery, it's probably mail fraud, but my fist step will be to work through Walmart to get a refund and that seller banned. Walmart claims to have vetted sellers on its marketplace.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Walmart's New Ai super computer must have determined that lots of people click "buy now" when a 3D printer is in the image and the price is $51.99 - and margins can be maximized when a piece of plastic junk is delivered from the warehouse instead of a 3D printer.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The one thing that keeps going through my mind - besides a cold north wind - is that someone could be emulating a Walmart website and the actual Walmart is not responsible. I keep getting all kinds of emails from ME. From MY OWN email address. There's no way I'm sending me weight loss advertisements or refinance my home or any of the myriads of other attempts to get me to click on something nefarious. Just because an ad says it's from Walmart doesn't mean it's from Walmart. And the sad thing (AFAIK) is that if you buy something (US Law) and you receive goods - you're pretty much boned if you got taken.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The one thing that keeps going through my mind - besides a cold north wind - is that someone could be emulating a Walmart website and the actual Walmart is not responsible. I keep getting all kinds of emails from ME. From MY OWN email address. There's no way I'm sending me weight loss advertisements or refinance my home or any of the myriads of other attempts to get me to click on something nefarious. Just because an ad says it's from Walmart doesn't mean it's from Walmart. And the sad thing (AFAIK) is that if you buy something (US Law) and you receive goods - you're pretty much boned if you got taken.
I don't think so.
1) I went to Walmart.com to find and order it -- not through some link here.
2) I went the whole shopping cart routine there.
3) My credit card charge said Walmart.
4) I never entered my full credit card number or mailing address.

If it is a fake, Walmart must have had one heck of a security breach, It's revenue for FY2020 was about $524 billion or almost $1.5 billion per day. If someone breached that system, I suspect they would be going after a lot more than a few tens of thousands ($52 x1000) of dollars that would quickly be reflected by the return history.

A more likely scenario is a scam on Walmart. It seems more likely that Walmart will give full refunds and "clawback" from the seller, if the seller has already been paid. The seller claims to be in China, which might complicate that. Regardless of whether that clawback succeeds, I suspect the seller will be history at Walmart and the matter will be closed.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Usually the sales does not settle when going through a vendor until a prescribed time or acceptance has been established. So the seller will be paid only for the orders that ignore the issue.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Here's a screen shot of the page. Interesting that it won't save as a web page..
The PDF is the return policy from that link. It's a hassle but I don't expect that Walmart will object. Clearly fraudulent offer if what you really get is the circled package of do-dads. Even then, nothing in the return policy that says you can't return the do-dads.
If you don't get a box like this
Package Size: 63.0 * 46.5 * 25.0cm / 24.8 * 18.3 * 9.8in
Package Weight: 15.5kg / 34.2lbs

just start the return of the unopened box with the shipping label intact.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.
Hm, reading the return policy, it clearly states:
"Return Window
Minimum standards:
14 days for electronics and luxury items
30 days for other items
Electronics (14 days):
Computers
Computer and video game hardware
Printers (excluding 3D printers)
...."

So I wonder if there is a loophole for 3D printers in that policy. Maybe you have to return directly to seller? The seller/scammer finds something in Walmart's return policy that is exempt and sells that...
Just a thought. Those scammers should be shut down for good.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Those standards that say, except 3D printers are Minimal. Which means that particular standards may exceed them and be more generous. Moreover, if there is an exclusion for "3D printers," then Walmart needs to say what's that policy is.

The applicable standard is in the listing, which says:

1610640491704.png

Although I do have some anxiety about that, I don't think Walmart will want to get involved in the potential mess that could result from not honoring its policies as posted with the product.