Voltage Booster

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
FWIW
1633635994185.png
EDIT: image was clipped.

I'm not going to waste any time making it more readable...

Last edited:

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
.do you know what is the model of Transformator ?
Generally it would be one you make yourself. You seem to have a small value of timing capacitor suggesting you are going to run it at a high frequency. It would therefore be a transformer with a ferrite core, either an E cores or a toroid.

By the way, you also need an output inductor in the negative supply.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
'Standard Vector Graphics'. It is a standard internet file format that you should be able to open with just about any browser. It uses XML.
Never had occasion to work with it. Post #3 has no visible information that I can see. I'll let those that can work with it handle this one.

aliamin94ma

Joined Oct 25, 2020
Generally it would be one you make yourself. You seem to have a small value of timing capacitor suggesting you are going to run it at a high frequency. It would therefore be a transformer with a ferrite core, either an E cores or a toroid.

By the way, you also need an output inductor in the negative supply.
if i buy ER28 Trans, can i get 150V in output with this circuit? can you introduce a good Trans part number for this design?

aliamin94ma

Joined Oct 25, 2020
Yes. You can definitely get 150V. But you haven’t said how much power you need. That may or may not be possible!
output power must be 50W . i want to make ferrite trasformer but they work with high frequency,how can i get 50w 50Hz with ferrite ?is it possible ?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
. i want to make ferrite trasformer but they work with high frequency,how can i get 50w 50Hz with ferrite ?is it possible ?
Theoretically.
Your maximum flux density for ferrite would be around 0.3T, but around 1.6T for silicon-steel, so your ferrite transformer would be about 5 times as big.
Why would you like to use ferrite?

aliamin94ma

Joined Oct 25, 2020
Theoretically.
Your maximum flux density for ferrite would be around 0.3T, but around 1.6T for silicon-steel, so your ferrite transformer would be about 5 times as big.
Why would you like to use ferrite?
i saw some inverters with small circuit and ferrite transformer . the size of transformer is important for our purpose then i designed another circuit with ic ne555 and made pulse 20khz because ferrite cores work in high frequency . the problem is frequency ,i need 50hz in circuit output . do you have any idea ?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
i saw some inverters with small circuit and ferrite transformer . the size of transformer is important for our purpose then i designed another circuit with ic ne555 and made pulse 20khz because ferrite cores work in high frequency . the problem is frequency ,i need 50hz in circuit output . do you have any idea ?
Two ways of making an inverter (maybe more):
1) High frequency Dc to Dc converter 12V to 350V, followed by H-bridge operating at 350V 50Hz to produce real or modified sinewave.
2) PWM full bridge at 12V, to produce 12V @ 50Hz, followed by 50Hz transformer to step up to 230V Ac.
1) tends to be used on hobbyist inverters, 2) tends to be used on industrial inverters.

Do you need a real sinewave output?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Back to the original question:

That is a fully-custom transformer. You can buy a core, a bobbin, some wire, and try to make one, but "normal" wire will not work. That type of circuit is both high-frequency and high-power. An experienced switch-mode transformer designer would need a 3 months, and probably 2 prototypes, to get something usable in production. Also, at least two spins of the pc board layout for noise control, control loop stability, and thermal management.

I really am *not* trying to be snotty here, but if you have to ask, if you can't see the difference between this circuit and something that is all off-the-shelf, then this is way above your skill set. I skimmed the thread so I might have missed this, but I didn't see anywhere where you stated the output current or power level you are trying to achieve. This is a critical omission - everything depends on that. But if I'm guessing based on the topology: There are thousands of different 200-500 W -ish power supplies on the market, but just because they are plentiful and cheap compared to 30 years ago ( god I'm old) doesn't make them any less complex.

Again, not trying to put you down. We all were beginners once. You wouldn't believe how I used to think transistors worked.

ak

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Back to the original question:

That is a fully-custom transformer. You can buy a core, a bobbin, some wire, and try to make one, but "normal" wire will not work. That type of circuit is both high-frequency and high-power. An experienced switch-mode transformer designer would need a 3 months, and probably 2 prototypes, to get something usable in production. Also, at least two spins of the pc board layout for noise control, control loop stability, and thermal management.

I really am *not* trying to be snotty here, but if you have to ask, if you can't see the difference between this circuit and something that is all off-the-shelf, then this is way above your skill set. I skimmed the thread so I might have missed this, but I didn't see anywhere where you stated the output current or power level you are trying to achieve. This is a critical omission - everything depends on that. But if I'm guessing based on the topology: There are thousands of different 200-500 W -ish power supplies on the market, but just because they are plentiful and cheap compared to 30 years ago ( god I'm old) doesn't make them any less complex.

Again, not trying to put you down. We all were beginners once. You wouldn't believe how I used to think transistors worked.

ak
Post #14 proffered 50W of output power