Using Hantek 6074BE DSO

dalemooney

Joined Mar 3, 2017
Help!
I purchased a new Hantek 6074BE DSO and have not been able to get it to work with my Windows 10 laptop. Initially the Windows Device Manager said that there was no driver available. I updated the driver, using the driver provided on the CD that came with the DSO. Windows then said that the Driver was not Digitally Signed and wouldn't work with it. I then downloaded the Driver from the Hantek site and updated with that driver. Again, Windows said that the digital signature wasn't good.
I searched everything that I could find by Googling Hantek 6074 and found only some discussions on the Hantek site. Unfortunately, I was unable to further explore that site as I can't read Chinese characters.
Has anyone been able to get a Hantek scope to work with Windows 10?
Thanks in Advance,
Dale

dalemooney

Joined Mar 3, 2017
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I wasn't clear. It appears to install the driver, but then still says that it is not properly signed (from memory, I don't have the screens in front of my at the moment).

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
You need to brush up on how to install non MS drivers.

There should be a setting somewhere under device manager.......to allow un-signed drivers.......click always ask.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You need to brush up on how to install non MS drivers.

Actually no. If these are the same set of drivers I think they are then I had an enormous amount of issues too.

@dalemooney, is this software happen to be from Ultrascope (fairly common 3rd party software for scopes.). Whatever the front end software it is also likely to use software drivers from National Instruments. If so you will want to go to You will want to go to there site and get the latest drivers.

dalemooney

Joined Mar 3, 2017
Thank you so much BR-549!
I'm a Mac guy and really struggle with Windows. Unfortunately for me, the Hantek 6074 is only Windows compatible.
It took me a bit of searching to figure out how to install the unsigned driver. Found simple step-by-step instructions at Maketecheasier.com.
It requires a special reboot into install unsigned drivers mode to make it happen.
Now it seems happy.