using from 74185 IC (binary to BCD converter) in Proteus

university project

Joined Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
I try to design circuit that convert 10 bit binary to BCD with 74185 IC in Proteus, but when i run this project output of this IC like this attached picture is unknown(IC don't work!) and I did active enable. why? and how can give suitable output?

Last edited:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I try to design circuit that convert 10 bit binary to BCD with 74185 IC in Proteus, but when i run this project output of this IC like this attached picture is unknown(IC don't work!) and I did active enable.
This post by @absf seems to imply that Proteus has 74185 for schematic capture, but not simulation.

This post shows EPROMs programmed to do the conversion.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
@crutschow ISIS hides all power pins, by default they are connected to gnd and 5v
remember Proteus ISIS isn't really an analysis tool and digital simulation is fast because of this... I can run micro code at 100% up to nearly 32Mhz..
so a lot of the analogue simulation is replaced by simple digital pullup or pulldown.. If you want to simulate to component level then LTSpice or other should be used... In other words, "It works for me"..

@DL1234 Yes there is a component but no model attached.... I just used a GAL because I can... For simulation purposes it works fine..

Last edited: