Unknown Component

lmei08

Joined Jun 16, 2023
Hi,

Could you please help identify this component? It looks like a fuse to me because it is labeled as F2 on the pcb, and it is attached the resistor R2. The part number might be melted due to high temperature. On the side, it has "SS7129".

Thank you

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

The first one appears to be a resistor but if you take a pic showing the PCB designation for it that would shed more light on what it may be. The second appears to be a melted LED? Not sure about the others and maybe a pic of the other side of no. 3&4 would also help.

lmei08

Joined Jun 16, 2023
Welcome to AAC!

The first one appears to be a resistor but if you take a pic showing the PCB designation for it that would shed more light on what it may be. The second appears to be a melted LED? Not sure about the others and maybe a pic of the other side of no. 3&4 would also help.
Thank you, SamR!

What I am looking for is actually only the "melted LED", and all pics are referring to it. I don't have the pcb layout, unfortunately. This "LED" is attached to the resistor in pic 1; that is why it melted. I am assuming it is some kind of temperature related fuse?

Again, thank you for your reply!

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If that component is a resistor, it does appear to show damage. If it was the resistor limiting the current to the diode... I've never seen a diode melt like that but I've never used more than 10V to supply the current limiting resistor. Showing the marking for the component on the PCB would help determine what kind of component it is as some inductors and some capacitors are similarly marked. I can only assume something drastically failed to melt an LED in that manner if it is indeed an LED. Just where did these components come from? What was the PCB in?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Does the first picture show “F2” Right under the large resistor? If so, you are right, it is a fuse of some sort.
With round, regular wires, not likely a LED.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Looks like the F2 is near an unoccupied through hole. It's very fuzzy but the smaller resistor looking component has what looks like a very fuzzy R10? next to it. Seems like the OP has left the forum...