Uni-T UT61E Displaying disC when measuring Capacitance

Morad Tamer

Joined Oct 21, 2016
So as the tile says when I am measuring capacitance the word "disC" is displayed
Not forever though it disappears after a couple of secs but also not for specific durations
One time it might appears just of a second or less another it stays foe more than 3 or 4
I am assuming I am entering some sort of calibration or firmware update mode

PS: I am measuring the capacitors while they are in the PCB

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So as the tile says when I am measuring capacitance the word "disC" is displayed
Not forever though it disappears after a couple of secs but also not for specific durations
One time it might appears just of a second or less another it stays foe more than 3 or 4
I am assuming I am entering some sort of calibration or firmware update mode

PS: I am measuring the capacitors while they are in the PCB

The meter is feeding the capacitor with a constant current and, on high capacitance devices, the meter is feeding current but not measuring any voltage Change for some time in the initial seconds so it shows an error. Once the current does show a change in voltage, the error is corrected. It happens on several different meters I’ve worked with. Don’t worry about it.

Also, it is better (necessary) to remove one leg from the circuit before measuring or the constant current supply won’t be so constant and the value will be in error.

Morad Tamer

Joined Oct 21, 2016
The meter is feeding the capacitor with a constant current and, on high capacitance devices, the meter is feeding current but not measuring any voltage Change for some time in the initial seconds so it shows an error. Once the current does show a change in voltage, the error is corrected. It happens on several different meters I’ve worked with. Don’t worry about it.

Also, it is better (necessary) to remove one leg from the circuit before measuring or the constant current supply won’t be so constant and the value will be in error.
Thank you so much
Really appreciate your help