Unable to upload program to Arduino Nano(Clone)

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Yavnik, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Yavnik

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Hi,

I've been trying to upload a program to Arduino Nano(Clone with CH340G) but when I plug in the Nano, the computer doesn't even detect it. I've also installed the CH340G's drivers but in vain. I think that I installed the driver somewhere else instead of nano. However, I am able to program it through Arduino Uno through ICSP. is there any way to again program my Arduino Nano :(

Thanks in advance,
    Yavnik Sharma

2. be80be

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 5, 2008
    You over wrote the boot-loader I bet

3. Yavnik

Feb 14, 2017
    Well, From the first day my PC wasn't detecting the Arduino Nano but when I program it through Uno or FTDI chip, then it works means there is no issue of bootloader here! Is there any way to make it possible again that my PC can detect the Nano?

4. be80be

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 5, 2008
    You have to know what serial to usb chip is on it
    You said you programmed
    That means you loaded the program using a UNO as a programmer witch can and will over write the boot loader.
    Know bootloader needed if you use ICSP.
    Now you say you used a FTDI that serial to USB chip works out of the box with arduino
    Need a link to what nano you have to really help you

5. A Homeschoolers Workbench

Jul 26, 2016
    First off is it actually a Nano, There are pro mini's that come up on the ebay search "arduino nano":mad: (I was tricked into buying one) this is one of them link. if it is a nano it will have a Mini USB port on it.
    A.H.W.

6. Yavnik

Feb 14, 2017
    I have an ARDUINO NANO (CLONE) WITH A CH340G CHIP EXACTLY LIKE IN THIS LINK http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-V3-0-M...876661?hash=item25b81fb8f5:g:RYYAAOSw5cNYfJ0j

7. Yavnik

Feb 14, 2017
  8. A Homeschoolers Workbench

Jul 26, 2016
    I don't have any hands-on experience with the Nano but @be08be does.
    Best of luck.
    A.H.W.

9. be80be

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 5, 2008
    For it to work you have to install the drivers I linked.
    Then make sure you not messed the bootloader up.