Unable to install/run Ltspice on Window 10

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
When I click to accept the licence terms, nothing happens – I can close the install window, the system has not crashed. The same thing happens if I try to install by running as administrator.

Can someone advise how I can overcome this issue and install Ltspice?

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
I tried a fresh download with the same result – how to I determine whether the security setting are preventing the install?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
how to I determine whether the security setting are preventing the install?
Check the settings, especially those for 'App and browser control', in Windows Security, assuming you are using Windows Defender.
If you are using third party security/anti-virus software then check its settings.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
In my experience with so many Window versions, most of my "freezing" situations consisted of some kind of window (or whatever) waiting for me to click on a Yes, Accept, Go Ahead, button of sorts, usually out of sight.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
When I click to accept the licence terms, nothing happens – I can close the install window, the system has not crashed. The same thing happens if I try to install by running as administrator.

Can someone advise how I can overcome this issue and install Ltspice?
Maybe you are not viewing the whole page after pressing the "accept" button (for whatever reason).
After accepting, you should be prompted with two more "enabled" buttons. The message below is shown after you press the "Install Now" button:

1621822410502.png

After the above message is diplayed, the install program will continue and display the status of three final installation steps.

if you have a slow machine it could take a few minutes (5-10 minutes) to finish installing.

The install program displays the "successfully installed" message above even though the program is still installing...:confused:

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Try CTRL- to see if any of the screen is being hidden from view? I know that I find WIN 10 hard to see with my aging eyes so I keep windowed in to be able to read the screen and often things get cut off.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for all the replies, especially eetech00.
The licence agreement window I get ends just below the install directory/browse – with no ‘Install now’ option/button.

Anyone know how to fix this?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Thanks for all the replies, especially eetech00.
The licence agreement window I get ends just below the install directory/browse – with no ‘Install now’ option/button.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Are you installing on windows 10? or linux with a windows emulator?
check the free disk space on the installation drive..

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Sam,
I had a similar problem on the last LTS upgrade, the 'OK/Acc' button was hidden under the Task bar.
Tried various idea's , finally moved the Task bar to right side of the scree, vertical.
E

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Success – the lower part of the licence agreement window was hidden under the taskbar, but moving it to the side did not reveal the install now option/button (which was missing). After downloading Ltspice again – it was present and allowed install.
Thanks again to all, especially eetech00 and ericgibbs.

k'a?k'a

Joined Aug 18, 2021
Maybe you are not viewing the whole page after pressing the "accept" button (for whatever reason).
After accepting, you should be prompted with two more "enabled" buttons. The message below is shown after you press the "Install Now" button:

View attachment 239436

After the above message is diplayed, the install program will continue and display the status of three final installation steps.

if you have a slow machine it could take a few minutes (5-10 minutes) to finish installing.

The install program displays the "successfully installed" message above even though the program is still installing...:confused:
This was the issue for me! I had to change the taskbar location and carefully place the mouse off-screen perfectly in order to highlight and click on the completely hidden "Install Now" button. This button was only visible briefly with dragging the install window from the bottom of where you can start dragging upwards to reveal the hidden button...

Anyways, thank you!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I keep my taskbar to the left side of my Windows screen since I want the maximum amount of vertical screen size, while a little less horizontal screen is okay (I always have my browser screen at full length vertical and about 3/4 full width horizontal).