Unable to copy links to images and videos from AAC threads

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Is there a reason that the links to images and videos can no longer be copied. All jpg files have some sort of extra digits after when I copy the link and other sites cannot identify the image. For example, I was trying to do an image search of a connector on images.google.com but no luck, google could not identify the link as an image. What gives?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Invalid suffix? Just change the last 3 characters to the valid characters they should be.
Too simple?
I'm on my way to a job. Thinking about carpentry and door locks. :)
Way more fun to make sawdust!:p

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello,

When you click with the right mouse button on the image, there will pop-up a menu.
In there there will be something like copy image address.
(this might be a little different in the various browsers, I use qupzilla at the monent).
With the right mouse button again, you can paste it on an other position like this:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/image-jpg.90222/

Bertus
Agreed, that copies the address to a database within ACC server, but it is not a jpg file. It is just a path. Note the 90222 at the end. Clipping off that 90222 yields and error (page not found).

I can open the page and view the image within that page but images.google.com cannot find the image file and I cannot use that file as an image file to post onto another forum (since it is not a jpg format file, it is some mystery format only recognized by AAC.

Even in your post, I see it as a link rather than an inline image.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When you want to use a link and show the image, use the img tags like this:

[img]http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/image-jpg.90222/[/img]

This will result in :

Bertus

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
FWIW I find that "copy link location" produces the desired results...
I knew this, it still does not answer the question of why/when the ability to access the image file is not possible (For saving or linking from other sites).

But i cannot save images to my computer for editing, I cannot use the Insert image tool in the tool bar (I have to type the tags), and I cannot point images.google.com to do image searching (as mentioned above, since it is

So, while I can (and could) do all the things HP and Bertus told me I can, I still cannot do the things I want to do. And, my question remains: Why is there no longer a link to the original image file on AAC, it used to be possible to save or link to images on AAC but it is no longer possible (unless I am linking within the AAC site which is not my goal in all cases).

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
I don't have a problem with the numbers at the end of the links. I can right-click on an image loaded from such a link to save it. I can also do a Google Image Search for images on AAC by clicking on the camera button at the right of the search box and entering the URL.

FWIW I've been experiencing a great deal of difficulty with images (residing on AACs server) lately -- perhaps this is a related issue -- especially if (as I understand your OP) it's a relatively new difficulty?

Best regards
HP