Unable to burn program into microcontroller P89v51rd2

@vajra

Joined May 2, 2018
Hello,
Firstly sorry if this issue is not a new one. I have got a development board for P89V51RD2 and I bought usb to serial converter cable. i am trying to burn a program into P89v51rd2 microcontroller using a serial cable. I used windows 10, keil compiler and Flash Magic tool. Please look at attached screenshot for further details.

When I try to burn program Flash Magic gives an error. I have changed baud rate, continuously resting hardware tried very possible option from my side. I have googled a lot, visited all different websites but I couldn't burn program into P89v51rd2.

Kindly suggest me some solution so that I can program the P89v51rd2

Attachments

Last edited:

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Has the chip a bootloader installed??? I was pretty sure that the bootloader was 115Kbaud not 9600 ( read the documentation )

Flash magic uses a bootloader!!
If the bootloader is corrupt, you'll need a parallel programmer to re-install it..

@vajra

Joined May 2, 2018
Has the chip a bootloader installed??? I was pretty sure that the bootloader was 115Kbaud not 9600 ( read the documentation )

Flash magic uses a bootloader!!
If the bootloader is corrupt, you'll need a parallel programmer to re-install it..
Thanks a lot @Ian Rogers
I don't have much knowledge . I don't know how to check weather bootloader installed or not but if its the issue of microcontroller. I can change microcontroller. I have two other microcontroller chip. I think board support both AT89c51 and AT89S52
  1. AT89C51
  2. AT89S52

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Its the user switch that needs to be switched for flash magic to see the board... Make sure the correct OSC frequency is selected..

@vajra

Joined May 2, 2018
I am sorry but I don't understand what I need to program. its a big challenge for me flash program into microcontroller. Any how I want to flash program to the board using any controller (P89v51rd2, AT89c51,AT89s52).

I am thinking to use AT89c51 in place of P89v51rd2 but I have doubt Is it possible to use AT89c51 with this board ?

There are many programmer software available on internet. Please suggest me good one to program AT89c51

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
AT89S51, AT89S52 could use the ISP function to program the chip, but AT89C51, AT89C52 there are no ISP function, so if you want to program them then you have to build or buy a AT89C52 programmer or buy a universal programmer tool that it can be program over 3000 chips.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
P89v51rd2 is compatible with that board... To put into program mode press the user switch and the reset and FlashMagic software should see the chip once you let go of the reset button!!

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
My board is not working, I am looking for USB universal programmer

Is it suitable programmer http://www.nskelectronics.com/usb_8051_programmer.html Please suggest me suitable USB universal programmer
The links only for the 8051 series.

You can check the type below which one you like and the price could afford it.
1. Some types of USB universal programmer from Ebay -- I have been used G540 and G840, and I had bought a second hand for G540, I really don't like the operation method, but it is cheap then others.

2. Universal Programmer & Tester Model U-1 Leap Electronic co -- from Ebay.
3. Leap Universal Programmer Su-3280 -- I can't find this type from Ebay or Amazon, so if you want to buy then you need to write them via Email.