Unable to build a dsPIC 30Fxxxx family program

Simon Marandu

Joined Mar 7, 2011
Hi all,

I am new in embedded system and this is my first attempt to program Microcontrollers. I have designed a mechatronic testing device to use dsPIC30F4013 for driving a BLDC motor through the EVAL6235N board and sample measurement through its ADC module.

My problem is that I cannot build any of the dsPIC30Fxxxx family program (including the examples) using MPLAB IDE v8.46 and Microchip C30 C\pic30 -as.exe compiler. Find the returned error meassage below.

Debug build of project `E:\ simon\testing\Myproject.mcp' started. Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined. Fri Mar 23 13:37:48 2012
----- Make: The target "E:\ simon\testing\A_to_D_Converter.o" is out of date. Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=30F4013 -x c -c "E:\ simon\dsPICDEM 2 Development Kit\dsPICDEM 2 Development Kit\Example Software\30F3014\A_to_D_Converter.c" -o"A_to_D_Converter.o" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall Thread would not exit normally. Could not read language tool output from pipe. (5) A language-plugin exception occurred and was logged.
----- Debug build of project `E:\ simon\testing\Myproject.mcp' failed. Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined. Fri Mar 23 13:37:58 2012
----- BUILD FAILED

Kindly guide me to solve the problem.

Simon Marandu

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
A language-plugin exception occurred and was logged.
I've had that before, just can't remember exactly what it took to fix it. Might have been as simple as restarting MPLAB.

Your path seems very long:
"E:\ simon\dsPICDEM 2 Development Kit\dsPICDEM 2 Development Kit\Example Software\30F3014\A_to_D_Converter.c"

That's 107 characters long, plus some tools don't like spaces in folder names.

It may go easier if you shift your project up to something shorter like:
"C:\30F3014\A_to_D_Converter.c"