Two truths and a lie - thread

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Outlandish you say? OK then; my three:

1 - The longest period I spent awake, fully working, was 37 hours.

2 - Drove 290 Km to have just a coffee with a lady I was crazy about and less than one hour later I drove again that distance, back to my work.

3 - Watched the movie "Ring of Fire" 7 times in consecutive days.

Last edited:

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
OK, here are my three:

1. I helped rob a junior food store.
2. A house mate told me she loved me and then retired to her room. The next morning I found her dead, she had died in her sleep.
3. I was the keyboard technician on tour with the group Kansas.
#1 seems the most unlikely so I must say that there is a story behind that one

#2 If that is a lie then you are a bastard ;) If not. My condolences :(

#3 In what way where you a keyboard technician?

So my guess is #1...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
OK, here are my three:

2. A house mate told me she loved me and then retired to her room. The next morning I found her dead, she had died in her sleep.
I think that maybe #2 is the lie... it's way too personal to be easily shared. On the other hand, maybe enough time has passed and you've come to terms with it. And if it really is a lie ... then I agree with Sinus23 ... you're one big SOB :D:p

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Wow, some pretty strong responses. So, here are the facts.

True - at 18 years of age I was partying late with some friends at a guys house. He had no food in the house. One of the people there was the manager of a Junior food store (now called a 7-11). He said, "Come on, we are going to get some thing to eat." We drove to a Junior food store and he unlocked it, we filled up bags of goodies and left. No mention of money.

True - I was sharing a house with a good female friend. She was freshly out of the Navy and had rolled her truck and had hit her head the day before. That night we were talking about relationships, I was of course supportive. She hugged me like good friends do and said "M___, I love you", and went to her room. The autopsy said an artery had opened up due to the head impact. I miss her. (Perhaps this wasn't a good moment to relive.)

Lie - In the 70s I was a musician, technician, and had just become a certified Moog synthesizer repairman. Kansas was at a studio in Atlanta and said they were looking for a keyboard tech. My name was dropped. Long story short, I declined their offer.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
1. Attended a Freemasons meeting.
2. Witnessed a giant UFO flying over my head.
3. Have two high school diplomas.
Number 2 could be true, since you're in Croatia, and maybe you learned english as an exchange student, and earned that second diploma in England, or something.
#1 is more credible than #3

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hmmm...I must admit that I was stumped for way more than a minute but then I noticed a clue in your post that kinda gave it away...
--- Emphasis Added ---
That surprised me?:confused: What was the (inadvertent) clue, pray tell?:) (Genuinely interested)

Yup, I think the two correct ones gave it away.:p
Yebut How do you know which are correct???:confused:

One stipulation: On your honor: Please! No 'Googling' prior to making your selection!
And a little google search helped too...
Tisk! Tisk!:mad::D:D:D

Oh well! -- I tried:(:(:(

Best regards
HP:D

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
1. Attended a Freemasons meeting.
2. Witnessed a giant UFO flying over my head.
3. Have two high school diplomas.
So... Let's take these by the numbers...

#1 seems to suggest that you attended one and only one meeting? -- Considering the proactive effort requisite of attainment of membership in said order, your presence at a single meeting seems unlikely...
(Disclaimer/source -- Although I am ineligible for membership on 'demographic grounds', Freemasonry 'runs in the family'):):):)

#2 Inasmuch as few if any unidentified flying objects represent 'extraterrestrial spacecraft' this statement is less than incredible...

#3 While certainly 'non-standard' -- I deem it more plausible than assertion #1...

So... I'm going with #1 as the falsehood???

Best Regards
HP:)

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ok, I'm going to up the ante a bit. Here are three truths and one lie:
  1. My mother was born 8-1/2 months after my grandfather died (my mother's father)
  2. I fluently speak 3 languages.
  3. I love cooking at the grill, but I can't taste things in the front half of my tongue.
  4. About 25 years ago, I saw an enormous UFO. It happened during the night, in a cloudless, starry sky. It was completely silent, and it disappeared behind the Sierra Madre mountain range.
A 'poser' indeed!:confused: --- I'm going with assertion #2 as the falsehood for it's slight variance from the 'tone' of the others as well as its (in this context, 'suspiciously') high degree of plausibility ('reverse psychology' again;))...

Best regards

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I also attended one meeting of the Masons. When I saw what they were about, I never went back.
I'm surprised! -- IWHT the process of 'jumping though all the hoops' along the 'membership path' would aquatint one with the order such that he was settled upon it (one way or the other) --- Seems I'm suffering from what might be termed "outsider's parallax":(:D

Very best regards

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
1 - The longest period I spent awake, fully working, was 37 hours.

2 - Drove 290 Km to have just a coffee with a lady I was crazy about and less than one hour later I drove again that distance, back to my work.

3 - Watched the movie "Ring of Fire" 7 times in consecutive days.
#1 -- Please tell me that the work in question did not involve operation of a vehicle!:eek::eek::eek:
#2 -- Is too crazy to be false:D
#3 -- Is way too crazy to be true!:eek: --- Hence I'm calling #3 as the falsehood?

Best regards

Last edited: