Two truths and a lie - thread

it ended up in my/our possession after a classmate of my ex girlfriend stole it from the library.
Egads! Not the university library at Arkham where it has (ostensibly) reposed under lock-and-key for over two centuries?!:eek: --- Dear old Al Wilmarth must be rollin' in his grave!:(:eek::eek::eek::D

TTFN
HPL -- Um... HP;)

Last edited:
Unless you were a kid, it is impossible.

Even more, when we called Bengazi and Tripoli (true) in 1971, they told me "We do not know any Max working in the desert".
Perhaps Max is, how shall I say it... 'Up in years'?;):cool:

RE: Max's submission: --- I'm tempted to 'call BS' on #3 -- But then I suppose one could 'Play At Woodstock' without being one of the on-stage performers...

Best regards
HP:)

3> I've had ten fingers of J&B and it's all HP's fault!:(
--Emphasis Added--

You're a 'true-blue' credit to your generation, @Jazz2C ! --- A 'victim' of everyone and everything save your own poor judgment, decisions, etc!:rolleyes:

I'm can't rightly say! The booze corroded the gimbals of my implanted gyro:(
Well ya see - that's why required equipment includes three (redundant) VGs! -- And puleeze! Enough with the sad face! -- Nobody but nobody frowns following "ten fingers" of (even cheap) Scotch! Um... Prior to the following morning, that is!:eek: -- But then, perhaps, you begin with breakfast?:p

Re: your submission -- Clearly - #1 is the falsehood!!!:D:rolleyes:

Best regards

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I also attended one meeting of the Masons. When I saw what they were about, I never went back.
I guess I said that wrong. I went to meet the Masons and found out what their goal was. I never jumped through hoops required to attend an official meeting. I just took one look and refused to engage.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'd be a little surprised if #12 took an active part in this, since I know that he's a very private person
I will share my personality, my intellect, my experience, and my philosophy, but I won't share certain things about my real life. My first rule for the Internet is like a line in a movie: "Always be able to leave everything behind in 30 seconds."
If the Internet vanished today, nothing in my real life would change except the ability to gather certain information quickly.
The Internet is an incredible asset, but it can survive without knowing my real name or address.
I have told so many tales on this site that there is not much left unknown that I would be willing to share.
Trying to fool people that already know everything I am willing to tell is not a simple task.

This challenge requires 2 new facts and a falsehood.
I have seen this Thread for about 3 days and have not thought of 2 new facts I am willing to publish.

I will share my personality, my intellect, my experience, and my philosophy, but I won't share certain things about my real life. My first rule for the Internet is like a line in a movie: "Always be able to leave everything behind in 30 seconds."
If the Internet vanished today, nothing in my real life would change except the ability to gather certain information quickly.
The Internet is an incredible asset, but it can survive without knowing my real name or address.
I have told so many tales on this site that there is not much left unknown that I would be willing to share.
Trying to fool people that already know everything I am willing to tell is not a simple task.
An excellent philosophy indeed! -- I must say that I envy your ability to 'live it':):):)

Very best regards

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
OK for my three.

2 is true, soloed in a Piper Cherokee.

3 True, but as @Hypatia's Protege pointed out, a statement as well as being true can also be deceptive.
I grew up 3 miles from Woodstock, the original Oxford one! (home of the palace of Duke of Marlborough).
From the age of 5 to 14 my summer holidays were spent in Woodstock Playing with local chums, where we would get into Tom Sawer type of activities.

1 is False! I did not drill for oil in the Libyan desert, although I was there serving at Her Imperial Majesties pleasure and actually stayed for a year in the compound that later
Qaddafi's would use as his HQ in Tripoli which later the US would bomb in an effort to rid the world of him.
I was also there at the time for this discovery south of Benghazi:
https://www.damninteresting.com/the-remains-of-lady-be-good/
Max.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
What is the equivalent spelling to names across languages, just the phonetically equal, No?
Max.
That was my point, phonetically, a G and a K sound different to me. I would have thought it would be easy for reporters and governments to determine which sound is made by native speakers, yet, somehow, government report writers, government press secretaries and the general press corps of the western world cannot even agree on whether it is a G or K sound.

I intended for it to be funny - a bit first made in the 1970s on Saturday night live - but I cannot control what other people view as funny.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ 12- every thing is already known about you from birth,every thing is under your IP

address taken from things you posted and things that are records. There are app's

that compile all this in one list if needed.

@ Shortbus-show the guys your view the of Bermuda Triangle location. How about

27 pl.........