Two truths and a lie - thread

So... I suppose it's my 'turn':eek::D - One stipulation: On your honor: Please! No 'Googling' prior to making your selection!

1) EE and (scientific) research are my 'second' professions.

2) I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Miskatonic University.

3) I avoid discussing/divulging my first/'main' occupation inasmuch as so doing tends to either make folks 'queasy' and/or encourages casual (and, hence, liability-fraught) consultation.

Best regards
HP:)

Attn: @Aleph(0) and @Jazz2C -- Owing to your 'insidership' - please consider yourselves disqualified!:cool:

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So... I suppose it's my 'turn':eek::D - One stipulation: On your honor: Please! No 'Googling' prior to making your selection!

1) EE and (scientific) research are my 'second' professions.

2) I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Miskatonic University.

3) I avoid discussing/divulging my first/'main' occupation inasmuch as so doing tends to either make folks 'queasy' and/or encourages casual (and, hence, liability-fraught) consultation.

Best regards

Attn: @Aleph(0) and @Jazz2C -- Owing to your 'insidership' - please consider yourselves disqualified!:cool:
Until today, I believed that people with large vocabularies are also authors of interesting fiction. You've proven my stereotype to be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Until today, I believed that people with large vocabularies are also authors of interesting fiction. You've proven my stereotype to be inaccurate.
...and despite my alleged 'transparency' -- your response makes no attempt - and hence fails - to identify the falsehood:confused:;):D...

OBTW -- Re: 'interesting fiction' Yes! I know!:oops:;) - But I couldn't resist the 'internal play on words' RE: the coincidence of my (abbreviated) username and the moniker of a bona fide master of said genre! -- Here's a 'like' for spotting it!:)

Best regards

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
...and despite my alleged 'transparency' -- your response makes no attempt - and hence fails - to identify the falsehood:confused:;):D...

OBTW -- Re: 'interesting fiction' Yes! I know!:oops:;) - But I couldn't resist the 'internal play on words' RE: my (abbreviated) username and the moniker of a bona fide master of said genre! -- Here's a 'like' for spotting it!:)

Best regards
I didn't want to spoil the fun too early, "H.P."

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Hmmm...I must admit that I was stumped for way more than a minute but then I noticed a clue in your post that kinda gave it away. I'll not say the answer until other people have guessed though. But that leaves the true statements all the more interesting 0.O

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ok, I can temporarily change the name of the thread to, "Two truths and a fictional work where the main character is named after you"
I'm preparing my lines even as we speak... thing is... my life's nowhere near as interesting as most of you guys... :confused: so I'm finding it hard to post exceptional true stuff that could compete with the fictional fact...

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
I'm preparing my lines even as we speak... thing is... my life's nowhere near as interesting as most of you guys... :confused: so I'm finding it hard to post exceptional true stuff that could compete with the fictional fact...
Balderdash! Trust me there are very few people, that haven't in a way experienced at least two stories that are true but most people would think is most likely a lie.;)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Career bragging is meaningless. Tell us about your family, friends, food, fun, fotos and the mysteries of Mexico.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
OK, here are my three:

1. I helped rob a junior food store.
2. A house mate told me she loved me and then retired to her room. The next morning I found her dead, she had died in her sleep.
3. I was the keyboard technician on tour with the group Kansas.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ok, I'm going to up the ante a bit. Here are three truths and one lie:
  1. My mother was born 8-1/2 months after my grandfather died (my mother's father)
  2. I fluently speak 3 languages.
  3. I love cooking at the grill, but I can't taste things in the front half of my tongue.
  4. About 25 years ago, I saw an enormous UFO. It happened during the night, in a cloudless, starry sky. It was completely silent, and it disappeared behind the Sierra Madre mountain range.