Trying to utilize three outlets from inverter to GFCI outlet and RV outlet?

GhostRunner

Joined Apr 2, 2018
Hello,

Am in the process of building a 1500 watt portable solar generator with 2-100 amp hour SLA batteries.

The inverter has three (protected) AC outlets and I plan to use #12 extension cord to run from one outlet to a 15 amp AC GFCI outlet that I have installed in the box that houses everything. I installed an RV 30 amp outlet to be able to plug in my RV if needed.

My question is how best to utilize the remaining two 15 amp outlets to connect them to my RV outlet. I have an ANL fuse block that has two ports on one end combines those through two ANL fuses inside and one exit port on the other end. Would it work if I ran the two 15 amp hot wires into the fuse block and on to the RV outlet?

I’d like to know if I’m way off base here or whether I should only use one of the two inverter outlets for the RV outlet?

Thank you.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
120V x 15A = 1800W

Try to imagine when and where you would plug in a single device or appliance in your RV that needs 1800W.

GhostRunner

Joined Apr 2, 2018
120V x 15A = 1800W

Try to imagine when and where you would plug in a single device or appliance in your RV that needs 1800W.

Thanks for your reply, MrChips.

Yes, you're right, generally I won't pull enough to worry about a second 15 amp circuit since no air conditioning and the biggest watt hog is the small microwave which pulls 1350 watts and would only use for a very short time if at all.

I'm just not sure if I could combine the two outlets into the 30 amp RV connector with the 2 to 1 fuse block without a problem. I knew it won't give me 30 amps but thought I might use the other outlet since I have it. That is my question.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
No, I would not parallel the 15A circuits.
Use one circuit up to 15A.
Use a second circuit if you need to run two high power appliances at the same time. However, it would be wise not to run both at the same time. That is drawing too much power all at once.

What is the power rating on the inverter?

GhostRunner

Joined Apr 2, 2018
No, I would not parallel the 15A circuits.
Use one circuit up to 15A.
Use a second circuit if you need to run two high power appliances at the same time. However, it would be wise not to run both at the same time. That is drawing too much power all at once.

What is the power rating on the inverter?
Ok, I'll use the third outlet separately if I need it. Sounds like a safer option.

The inverter is 1500 watts continuous pure sine wave.

Thanks, again, for your opinion.