Trying to understand dc motor speed controller electronics. Any basic schematics for this?

slashmaster2

Joined Apr 15, 2019
This is the circuit board for a Sankyo 702 projector I'm trying to fix. The reason for masking tape is so no one confuses amplifier section components for motor controller section. The 2 wire connector goes to the DC motor, the 3 wire connector goes to the main transistor on a heatsink, the blue wire and white wire are 36 volts AC input from transformer. This is a 2 speed projector and the 2 little trim pots fine tune each speed. Looks like 3 transistors on the board and 1 main transistor on the projector with a heatsink. I guess all the places where there is a capacitor and resistor in series is to prevent noise going to the audio section isn't it?

Attachments

slashmaster2

Joined Apr 15, 2019
Just looked at it, doesn't seem to say anywhere on it but that side of the board is 36 volts dc after the bridge rectifier and certainly seems like that motor can handle it. And yes, there is no feedback sensor for rpm control, only some kind of voltage feedback line. At first I was wondering if it was PWM but I would find an 8 pin chip if it was PWM wouldn't I? Or maybe a 4 pin chip?