Trying to finish this oven control wiring with different parts.

Hitlist

Joined May 17, 2023
Hi , I am trying to finish up this control with a couple different parts than the original user . To be exact he is using a Omron H3CA-8 digital timer and I am using Inkbird IDT-E2R Timer . For PID he is using Watlow 93BA-ICDO and I have Auber SYL-2362A2 . The control is designed for a powder coating oven although I will be using it for Cerakote projects. I did eliminate the ammeter and shunt from this as it is not necessary. Here is link for the thread it came from . https://forum.caswellplating.com/fo...oven-building-forum/11867-oven-controls-build . I will attach schematic and my control diagrams. It was taken from old thread and no one seems to answer anymore over there. If there is anyone willing to show me the final connections to make it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Hitlist

Joined May 17, 2023
I am trying to draw a schematic of what I have so far , maybe done by tomorrow . I am willing to pay someone for the advice to tell me if it will work without burning my shop down . Thank you. I see there are some very smart people here .

Hitlist

Joined May 17, 2023
OK I put this together . Can anyone tell me if it will work without destroying components or burning down garage ? I will be using three wire and ground for power. The light blue is the Neutral wire. The orange wires are low voltage wires and not very heavy . power is first routed through main disconnect from the panel box.The smaller fuse will (should) protect the PID and Timer . The larger will help with element load protection.
The oven will be connected to a 30-35 amp circuit with 8-10 gauge wire and double pole 240 volt breaker . One buzzer is used for the timer expiration event and the other is a high temperature alarm controlled by the PID. Light and fan switch self explanatory. Using the Auber PID with an 40 A SSR with one output used for the high temp alarm. The SSR is mounted on large heat sink and has fan under it mounted on nylon standoffs . Fan is powered by 120-12 volt transformer .
The timer has one set of contact to drive the DC input signal from the PID to the SSR(this allows the timer to turn off the element heating function) and the second is used to sound an alarm at the expiration of the timed event. The (on/off/on DPDT) switch adjacent to the Inkbird timer allows for manual or timed mode. In the off position the elements are disabled but the PID is energized for parameter changes and temperature readouts. In the manual mode, the PID engages the SSR and will manage to the set point. You can then monitor part metal temperature prior to starting the timed cure cycle. Switching to the timer position begins the timed cure cycle based on the timer’s setting. At expiration of the timer, the elements are disabled and the audible alarm sounds. Switching the toggle to the off position silences the alarm.
Toggle/Timer operational notes: The toggle is wired so that in the off position the PID remains powered on, but has no control over the elements. If the toggle is switched to either manual or timed mode, then the DC power feed from the PID is fed thru the Timer Relay 1 NC contacts to the SSR and the PID can manage to the Set Temperature. The Timer relay contacts change relationship(NO/NC) at expiration of the timer, therefore when the timer expires, the Relay 1 switches to the NO position and the DC power feed from the PID to the SSR is opened. The high temperature alarm functions in a similar manner as it is connected to the NO contacts, so when the Timer expires the Relay 2 contacts change from NC to the NO position and the alarm sounds. (Or so I hope). Well Hopefully this has confused everyone as much as me . ThanksOven Controls.jpg

Hitlist

Joined May 17, 2023
I am getting no answers on here so I want to close account and delete everything . No special reason besides that .

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There can be any number of reasons why you haven't gotten a response. You are asking about something pretty specific, so the number of members that have something substantive to offer may be small and many members only check the forums sporadically. My first post here didn't get a response for about three weeks.

As for deleting your content and closing your account, forums like this are archival in nature. Once content is posted, it remains posted unless it violates the User Agreement so egregiously that it has to be removed. You agreed to that when you joined.

There's no reason to delete your account, either. Just stop using it. If you are getting notifications you don't want, you can turn those off in your profile.

Hope you are able to find the information you are looking for, be it here or elsewhere.