Troubleshooting EMG Circuit

Antmoney999

Joined Oct 15, 2015
Hello all,

For about a month or two now I have been researching various EMG circuits trying to learn what parts were essential for a basic circuit. After I thought I had a pretty good about what I needed to do I sat down and came up with this circuit. I assembled the circuit on a breadboard with a separate dual 5 volt supply on a different breadboard. When I connect it to the analog input of my arduino uno the values are just random, from what I can tell it's all noise. I cannot figure out whats wrong with the circuit, I've tried several things with no success. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Anthony

myEMGCircuit.jpg

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
What the heck is an EMG? Do you think that we can read your mind? Some of us can, but at this distance, it is pretty dicey.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Because this is a small signal, the wiring is critical to proper operation. The wires must be short and a star grounding system has to be used.

A picture of how you have wired your circuits would help us help you better.

Antmoney999

Joined Oct 15, 2015
I have attached the schematic in my original post. Here are pictures of the actual circuit, I have switched to the Arduino Nano just to make everything more compact.
IMAG0759.jpg IMAG0760.jpg IMAG0761.jpg

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
EMG signals are down at microvolt levels.

You cannot expect to get this kind of low noise performance from a sketchy pile of solderless bread boards.
With RF and microvolt signals, the layout and construction becomes critical to circuit function.

This is where electronics becomes an art, no longer just a connect-the-parts exercise.