troubleshooting a tv power supply

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
So you finally manage to fix a TV upto some extend.

What did you do after the point you said that the heatsink heats up and it still has the red color bar.
As I recall we stopped at the LVDS drive part

johndoe45

Joined Jan 30, 2010
well. i replaced some capacitors that were above 2 point something however messing up the pads as you saw earlier.

one capacitor was at 14 esr ohms near the heat sink. i used the heat gun to heat up the DSP to maybe reflow any bad solder joints. Heated up the chip in the t-con board too for a little. when using the gun I used the lowest setting on the gun and from far away since gun's lowest setting is 400°C.

also. i switched the lvds cable direction. even now if i switch it i get the grey screen. then if i switch it the other way it works like in the video. so maybe that was the problem the whole time. i don't know. thought i did try changing the lvds cable the other way in the past.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The re flow might have worked, that is what I would have done
How hot does the heatsink gets.

Can you place ur hand on it for a while or not, while The TV is running

johndoe45

Joined Jan 30, 2010
also, that is without the fan. because the voltage regulator you had me make tied to the two capacitors accidently shorted (wires touched). so i just took the fan out.

so the only problem left is the switching transistor?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have to go through that area to find out what to do. In the meantime Check that area for shorted transistor or open resistor or faulty diodes.

I am preparing to leave in two days time to North for work, I will be back at the end of july. After that I can go through those posts and tell you what to do.

Get to work and see what u can find out but don't mess up. Finding out on ur own is far batter than any one telling u what to do.