Trouble with ExpressSCH transistor pins

Ashton Ellison

Joined Nov 17, 2015
Hi, I have been searching on here to see if my question was already answered, but for some reason nothing works for me. It keeps giving me an error and telling my to label my pins for my NPN transistor (BC547) but I have no idea how to get to them.

Edit: I have updated it with a Q#, but the attachment was an earlier version. Nothing else is different but the absence of the Q#, and even with it added I still have the same problems with the pins.

Attachments

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hi, I have been searching on here to see if my question was already answered, but for some reason nothing works for me. It keeps giving me an error and telling my to label my pins for my NPN transistor (BC547) but I have no idea how to get to them.

Edit: I have updated it with a Q#, but the attachment was an earlier version. Nothing else is different but the absence of the Q#, and even with it added I still have the same problems with the pins.
I don't get any error when I open it.
You might try deleting the transistor saving then re-adding it.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Highlight just the device, hit ungroup on the menu. Select something else or hit escape as the entire device is now selected. Once the device is unselected you can choose a pin and change its name and pin number properties.

Edit to add: one done select the whole thing to regroup as a component.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I also do not get an error when opening the file. ErnieM describes how to name the three pins on the devices, but I don't understand how you are getting an error in the first place. Did you modify the device in any way or is it stock from ExpressSCH?

marcf

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hello.

You need to ungroup the component, isolate the 'wires' from the device and then name the 3 nodes. Regroup the transistor, save it in custom components (if you want to), reconnect the wires and your done. The way you had the circuit drawn, I was unable to just save the component and including the 'wires' (off the emitter) gave me an error.

If you do not want to save it, just isolate it from the circuit and proceed per above.