Treadmill not working my-2100 board

Jw4

Joined Dec 7, 2020
After not using my treadmill for some time, I turned on treadmill this morning, incline works but not the actual treadmill. Tried troubleshooting by shorting the motor and checking resistance, and also plugged in a dc battery. It appears the motor itself is good. Controller board LED doesn’t light up but controls work, as well as the incline function. I put the unit in diagnostic mode and the code says it’s in rest mode. When I measure across LG3 and 4, it surprisingly shows 162 volts. . Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Jw4

Joined Dec 7, 2020
I’ll try and let you know. Thanks for the help!
Hooked up a light. Doesn’t work. Any suspect parts on the controller board I can check/replace? If the light had lit up what would that indicate? Transformer issue?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
As I suspected, the voltage you were measuring was leakage current etc. which may be normal.
The main this is the LED should normally light, either steady or flash at some rate.
Measure to LV ~12v - 15v and the 5v at the LV regulator.
Do you have the general schematic that is posted on the site in some posts?
Max.

Jw4

Joined Dec 7, 2020
Measuring on top of the connectors, getting nothing on pins 1&4

wasn’t too sure where to locate the 3 pin 5v regulator. I assumed it was q1 which was on the PCB against the heat sink. But no 5 volts there. Looked like 81 volts. I assume I’m measuring the wrong component

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I gave you a 'bum steer' the 12v-15v is from 1 to 2 red & blk.
You can measure this with HD2 unplugged, 1&2 are nearest the bottom edge of the board .
The 5v is from a 78L05 regulator marked RG3 on some boards.
Max.

Jw4

Joined Dec 7, 2020
Looks like 13volts from 1-2. If I didn’t mention before, the controls all seem to work. For the regulator, I can only find rg1 and rg2. One has 5 volts on one leg, and 11 on the other. The other regulator measures 80 volts per leg.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The Board itself can be tested without the control console, i.e. stand-alone, but a PWM controller is needed for the speed command.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It should be repairable, but requires logical on the bench trouble shooting using the schematic posted earlier.
It also helps to have a PWM speed input of some kind.
Max.

Jw4

Joined Dec 7, 2020
It should be repairable, but requires logical on the bench trouble shooting using the schematic posted earlier.
It also helps to have a PWM speed input of some kind.
Max.
Anyone on the forum know of a place that repairs these boards? Thanks in advance.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have fixed a few in the past, I have a couple of Rev B here.
But the only thing that can nix a repair, is if the motor board processor is shot or damaged.
Max.