Treadmill - Motor Control Board issue??

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Max is right as the kickback will live across the motor tabs, + and -. Then, we can see this is a 220vac version controller running a rectified bus of 200+(more like 265vdc or so available at V_bulk+). The designs Ive seen from Icon will usually have a single driving FET, I haven't seen any IGBT's used in the US versions(120vAC). The FET or IGBT if it is such, will have one leg connected to a motor tab. Usually I will find this V_Bulk - connected to the Motor - tab(bridge on the heatsink -). Then, the FET Source-leg(S) will attach to the motor + tab and the FET Drain-leg then tied to the Triac(SCR) output leg, which has it's input leg tied to V_bulk + back at that bridge attached to the heatsink, completing the motor current path(the current sense resistor sits between the bridges V_bulk - and the - Motor tab).
Pull the kickback diode out of the circuit and measure the motor tabs again for us. Maybe I can't see a set of FET's, as some versions use a Hi/Low drive set up which requires 2 FET and Kickback sets.
If there is an SCR in series with the V_bulk+, this SCR is controlled by the little cypress CPU chip, it must turn on for motor power to reach the FET, but we need to clear that short between motor tabs first ;o)
Good Luck...