Whats the best way to turn a transistor functioning as a switch on and off?
Use NPN transistors, with their emitter at ground, a resistor (about 1K) between the base and the microcontroller and your load between the collector and Vcc.What I'd like to happen is have a microcontroller turn on the transistors every couple of seconds. The transistors will act as a switch for several LEDs.
Which microcontroller?That's exactly the circuit I have. I don't think I was clear enough, though; my question should have been, how do I program the microcontroller to turn the transistor on and off?
While very true, what should the uC be calculating if it's entire function in life is to blink LEDs on and off?I quite disagree with Sgt to waist time in a loop. You can set the particular output to 1, make some other calculations with the uC and then set the output to 0 if desired.
I can't get Marvin the Paranoid Android out of my head since your post.I have made just a suggestion, don't kill me![]()
![]()
Well then, we'll just have to squash your head.I can't get Marvin the Paranoid Android out of my head since your post.![]()
Who is he?I can't get Marvin the Paranoid Android out of my head since your post.![]()