Transformer type?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be a simple 50hz/60hz mains transformer, with secondary voltage at whatever the bulb is rated for.
I would guess around 60Va?
Measure winding resistance to determine input winding.
Max.

gokush

Joined Oct 8, 2019
There is no denote on it but it's easy to identify which one is primary winding because it is connected to fork. Is it possible to determine its coefficient without using oscillograph?

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There is no denote on it but it's easy to identify which one is primary winding because it is connected to fork. Is it possible to determine its coefficient without using oscillograph?
You seem to be asking about two different transformers of greatly different physical sizes. Which one are you interested in? If both, call one Trans1 and the other Trans2 (or similar) to be clear.

gokush

Joined Oct 8, 2019
You seem to be asking about two different transformers of greatly different physical sizes. Which one are you interested in? If both, call one Trans1 and the other Trans2 (or similar) to be clear.
isnt it shown as an independent post?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
i cant count number of coils
Why would you want to? You are not building/winding a xfmr. You have the Vi and Vo and to use the xfmr that is all you need? I would suggest using some sort of isolation in front of the xfmr and an input fuse or even put it on a GFI.

gokush

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Why would you want to? You are not building/winding a xfmr. You have the Vi and Vo and to use the xfmr that is all you need? I would suggest using some sort of isolation in front of the xfmr and an input fuse or even put it on a GFI.
that was an idea to just plug it into GFL and then measure signal coming from secondary winding using oscillograph but I don't have one in my house :D

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
isnt it shown as an independent post?
It is a distinct in the same thread as Transformer1 question.

After your first post, MaxHR asked a question, then your next post was, "There is no denote on it but it's easy to identify..." With a totally different picture attached. Reasonable to assume the "it" refers to your first picture/transformer and the subject of MaxHR's question.

If it is too much effort to be clear, never mind.

gokush

Joined Oct 8, 2019
It is a distinct in the same thread as Transformer1 question.

After your first post, MaxHR asked a question, then your next post was, "There is no denote on it but it's easy to identify..." With a totally different picture attached. Reasonable to assume the "it" refers to your first picture/transformer and the subject of MaxHR's question.

If it is too much effort to be clear, never mind.
that's my bad sorry about that I was using my phone while posting and I thought that I created this as a new thread :(

You ask about one particular device then switch to another with the same reference?
What is Fork?
Beginning to look like shades of Alchemy One under a different Name!:eek:
Max.
lool I mean plug :D in my country we are using its Russian name "vilka" so I directly translated it into English

Last edited by a moderator: