To everything there is a season...

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
All the more glad I got to enjoy Dave's company for dinner one night when he stayed over in Cleveland during one of his cross country trips. He was just a really good guy to get to know. My heart goes out to his family and they should know he will live on forever in their hearts. To Dave I wish him calm winds and following seas.

Ron

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Jon, I would like to extend my condolences to you and your family. As evidenced on here, AAC is a family brought together by a common thread, electronics, but held together by friendships that have been built up over many years. Most of us on here are but a keystroke away from each other but the ones that have responded on this post, I believe, are the core of this group, and your father touched many of us with his words of wisdom and teachings in this forum. This is isn't something we get over, it is something that we get through. I know how you feel and I hope you and your family find peace in his memories. Godspeed Dave. RIP.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
...and it looks like mine will be drawing to a close a lot sooner than I expected.

I spent the last week in the hospital getting blood-tested, endoscoped, CAT scanned and MRI'd, and the verdict is in: Stage 4 malignant cancer, inoperable and incurable, of the pancreas, liver and stomach. If I opt for the most aggresive form of chemotherapy, the docs are predicting I'll be around for another couple of months to perhaps a year, maybe two. But no more. Other than slowing down the progression of the disease, there's nothing to be done.

Son and daughter-in-law have strongly suggested I move from where I am now (just outside of Philly) to their town just north of Pittsburgh so I can be 10 minutes away from them instead of 5 hours. I'm going to go for it, as it will be good for me to be close to them and to my two young granddaughters as the end draws near.

They will be getting the ball rolling by starting to research apartment offerings in the immediate area with the right combination of rent and size. Once they've found a few candidates I'll trek on out there to check them out and hopefully plunk down my cash to lock in the best one. Then we get on with the details of moving.

I've enjoyed my time here and will keep you all posted as things progress.

P.S. I have an absolutely TITANIC collection of electronic parts and equipment that neither of my sons has any interest in, and will happily give them away free to anyone interested. Only catch is, you'll have to come here and get them; I'd suggest either a pickup truck or large SUV. Let me know; first come, first served.

Regards,
OBW0549/Dave
R.I.P..... Just found this. I've been dealing with my life tragedies since that time, and knew I hadn't seen him in awhile, but had missed this..... Dude, you will be missed.... :/

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

Yes very sad when this kind of thing happens. I was happy to read his posts as they were interesting and informative. I feel this is a great loss not only as him being a person but also being involved in electronics which i think is even more of a loss.
It makes you wonder why humans live at all if they are doomed to die anyway. I guess religion is the only way to explain that.
As revealed to us by his willingness to sell his electronic parts to members here, i am sure he would not want us to go on feeling bad he would want us to continue on with whatever we normally do. We will all pass this point some day so live on as you will.
Rest in peace Dave, and the best of luck to his family and the other members here.

BTW anyone hear from W Baln lately? He hasnt been around for a while now.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello,

Yes very sad when this kind of thing happens. I was happy to read his posts as they were interesting and informative. I feel this is a great loss not only as him being a person but also being involved in electronics which i think is even more of a loss.
It makes you wonder why humans live at all if they are doomed to die anyway. I guess religion is the only way to explain that.
As revealed to us by his willingness to sell his electronic parts to members here, i am sure he would not want us to go on feeling bad he would want us to continue on with whatever we normally do. We will all pass this point some day so live on as you will.
Rest in peace Dave, and the best of luck to his family and the other members here.

BTW anyone hear from W Baln lately? He hasnt been around for a while now.
It has been a while, and I think the question has been asked previously. AFAIK there has been no useful information on that front. I do miss the clear and concise writing style that made him so effective.