To everything there is a season...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well if you've got the number why not just call it? That's a shortcut straight to the end of the investigation. I understand there may be some reservations: who will answer? what will I say? how do I respond to the news if it's bad? Will it be super awkward? etc. etc. But I think whoever answers, be it Dave or kin, will be touched by the call and the knowledge that there's a whole community of people who care enough to reach out.
I've sent a text first. If nothing comes back, I will indeed try calling.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Dave's son, John left me a message yesterday: Dave passed away during the night before last.

John left his phone number and I'll call him today. If you want the number just PM me.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Update - John is preparing a eulogy and will send it to me anyone that provides their email address to me via PM. I'll share it here if he approves. If it's needed, is there a handy way to share something like that in a way that the public cannot see it? I know there is but I never use it. Advice welcome.

John also confirms there is an enormous collection of electronics. He wants to keep a few pieces but otherwise it's up for grabs.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

No words left.
Dave has always been a great help here on AAC.
He will be missed.
Condolences to John and the rest of your families.

Bertus

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Update - John is preparing a eulogy and will send it to me. I'll share it here if he approves. If it's needed, is there a handy way to share something like that in a way that the public cannot see it? I know there is but I never use it. Advice welcome.
Maybe we should all write John a note.... letting him know how much he was appreciated among friends that he never met in person.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Update - John is preparing a eulogy and will send it to me anyone that provides their email address to me via PM. I'll share it here if he approves. If it's needed, is there a handy way to share something like that in a way that the public cannot see it? I know there is but I never use it. Advice welcome.

John also confirms there is an enormous collection of electronics. He wants to keep a few pieces but otherwise it's up for grabs.
I have an idea... why don't you forward Jon a link to this thread? ... that way he will learn a few things about us and how much we appreciated his dad.

Last edited:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone,
This is Dave's son, Jon. I really appreciate reading the kind words from everyone. I'm really looking forward to finding good homes for my father's stuff. He would be very happy to know that his huge collection is going to other enthusiasts. While I'm not very knowledgeable about the subject, I will try to help clarify as best as I can. I'm attaching pictures of the various bins, etc that he has. If you are interested in something and you want to see the contents, just let me know and I will post the picture. If anyone wants to pick up in person, I am located just north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry Township. I'm also willing to ship, provided you reimburse me for the shipping cost.

Attachments

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Here are the remaining pics

Attachments

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
So sorry for your loss, Jon.

Dave was a great help and friend when I joined this community 10 years ago. I will miss him, too.

I know the heartache. I lost my Dad six weeks ago.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I hope it doesn't look too wolfish but I've messaged Jon that I'd be very interested in either of those oscilloscopes. First choice would be the Siglent I guess? I'd like advice from the experts around here talk about which would be better for a noob and hobbyist.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Thank you so much to everyone! It's clear that my dad was part of a really good group of people. If anyone is feeling bashful about asking for stuff....don't be. I know he would be extremely happy to see everyone enjoying his things, that would otherwise collect dust or be thrown away