To convert momentary on switch to momentary off switch

OzyK

Joined Jul 3, 2017
Hi Guys

I am new to this group and new to wire and switches.

I ordered an momentary switch to put it on my jeep as a kill switch. i thought it was a momentary off switch but its the opposite.

Can someone tell me how can i convert this switch to momentary off switch where the connection disconnects momentarily when i press the switch and goes back after leaving it

Regards

Ozy

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You could have a transistor or MOSFET biased on as the actual switch, then the momentary switch shorts out the bias to switch off the transistor/MOSFET.
Or use the switch to operate a relay and use the normally closed contact of the relay as your kill switch.
How much voltage and current does it have to switch?

OzyK

Joined Jul 3, 2017
You could have a transistor or MOSFET biased on as the actual switch, then the momentary switch shorts out the bias to switch off the transistor/MOSFET.
Or use the switch to operate a relay and use the normally closed contact of the relay as your kill switch.
How much voltage and current does it have to switch?
A normal 12v of a vehicle

from your advise, transistor is not making sense to me but a relay is but i dont have that much space in there to put a relay

BTW

I didnt know a momentary on switch is different from momentary off cuz i remember i oredered momentary off switch from amazon but it came in as momentary on