TLE2426 simulation not splitting Vin by 2 exactly

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Hi,
I was doing some simulations on the TLE2426 “rail splitter”. The datasheet states that it should provide a precise Vout/Vin ratio of 0.5.
Why am I getting 2.537V when the input is 5V? Also, does it make a difference if the noise reduction capacitor is electrolytic or non-electrolytic?
Below is a screenshot of the simulation:
PS. I tried the same circuit on another simulator and I got the same results.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I just checked the datasheet. Should be 2.525 at max for a 5V input from 0 to 20mA. It looks like your virtual component in your simulator is out of spec. Did you get it directly from the manufacturer and/or on of their big distributors? If you got it from a Chinese supplier off of eBay, I am not surprised it is out of spec - it could even be counterfeit.

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
I just checked the datasheet. Should be 2.525 at max for a 5V input from 0 to 20mA. It looks like your virtual component in your simulator is out of spec. Did you get it directly from the manufacturer and/or on of their big distributors? If you got it from a Chinese supplier off of eBay, I am not surprised it is out of spec - it could even be counterfeit.
Thanks for the reply. Below is a snapshot of the datasheet. It states that at 5V input voltage, the typical output should be 2.5V.
I only tried this on simulation and not in prectice.

PeterCoxSmith

Joined Feb 23, 2015
Hi,
I was doing some simulations on the TLE2426 “rail splitter”. The datasheet states that it should provide a precise Vout/Vin ratio of 0.5.
Why am I getting 2.537V when the input is 5V? Also, does it make a difference if the noise reduction capacitor is electrolytic or non-electrolytic?
Below is a screenshot of the simulation:
PS. I tried the same circuit on another simulator and I got the same results.
Does it matter? It's only a calculation!

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Exactly.

Your title says the chip is not acting correctly, but you don't have the chip. You are only playing with a simulator. You should be asking about how to fix the simulator.
My concern is that I am doing something wrong on simulation since I obtained the same output with two different simulation software.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My concern is that I am doing something wrong on simulation since I obtained the same output with two different simulation software.
Exactly.
Your title seems to say the chip isn't splitting the rails precisely. I clicked in expecting to see a circuit problem. It's not a circuit problem. Worse, I don't know how to change the title of a Thread, so I can't help you there, either.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
ahhhh...its a simulation!

Your circuit looks simple enough. If the simulation, including temperature and Vin, does not exceed the device's specifications then I would turn my suspicion to the device model.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The datasheet didn't say that.

That's just a little bit off spec per the datasheet.
The point is, danny, that it makes no sense for a simulation model to be "out of spec". It is so easy to just enter the right numbers or, just as easy, the manufacturer should supply pertinent information on the datasheet of why a value would creep outside of the specification.