Thought for the day...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010

Monkey MindPong
Whoa. That’s amazing. I sent it on to my physical therapist daughter. Implications are huge.

Interfacing living tissues with modern electronics opens up enormous opportunities. I’m convinced this area is going to explode within the decade. Imagine a world where a person with an 80 IQ can buy themselves an implant that takes them to 120. Yes it’ll be a different sort of “intelligence” but if they can function more productively, their life will be improved.

I remember futurists just as Ray Kurzweil pointing out that a computer comparable to the human brain would soon fit within the volume of a human brain, and the development would not stop there. Imagine a small implant that could do everything an iPhone does, and beyond. The mind boggles.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Whoa. That’s amazing. I sent it on to my physical therapist daughter. Implications are huge.

Interfacing living tissues with modern electronics opens up enormous opportunities. I’m convinced this area is going to explode within the decade. Imagine a world where a person with an 80 IQ can buy themselves an implant that takes them to 120. Yes it’ll be a different sort of “intelligence” but if they can function more productively, their life will be improved.

I remember futurists just as Ray Kurzweil pointing out that a computer comparable to the human brain would soon fit within the volume of a human brain, and the development would not stop there. Imagine a small implant that could do everything an iPhone does, and beyond. The mind boggles.
It's amazing but it's really just a string puppet. There is no “intelligence” on the computer side. That's fine as there is no intelligence in a jack-hammer but they helped to build the world as we know it.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/natanz-attack-destroyed-facility-50-meters-underground-664979

The Iranian official stressed that such an operation takes years, saying “the design of the enemy was very beautiful.”

Davani added that the substation was built underground in order to protect it from air and missile strikes, and that the attack was carried out either via cyber, sabotaged equipment or sabotage committed by agents.

The Jerusalem Post has learned that the attack was carried out through an explosive device that was smuggled into the facility and detonated remotely. An intelligence official told The New York Times on Tuesday that the attack took out both the primary and backup electrical systems.

Davani confirmed on Monday that the attack last July was also carried out with explosives that were smuggled into a centrifuge assembly facility at the site, with the explosives embedded in a heavy table that was brought into the facility.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
https://www.king5.com/article/news/...lock/281-69a3fd7a-53a7-4dc1-9b44-19fcc17673c1

So far, Lewis said they have raised $2.5 million from private donors for the campaign, but said Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) requirements have been the biggest hurdle.
“Due to frankly a lot of unnecessary things that temporary villages should not be subjected to in terms of needing to complete arduous, lengthy and red tape-filled environmental reviews that are really designed for structures that are going to be permanent," said Lewis.
Lisa Power is the co-chair of the nonprofit community development organization "Uptown Alliance,” which serves Seattle’s Uptown neighborhood. Through Power's many groups, including "Tidy Uptown," she is in constant contact with the unsheltered community.
What is happening around some cities not sure if this is a solution or not but seems interesting.

kv