Thought for the day...

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.kqed.org/science/1926793/protecting-your-health-from-toxic-wildfire-smoke
But what worries doctors most is the particulate matter in smoke, the tiny bits of feathery ash and dust-like soot, much of it invisible to the eye. They are especially worried about particulate matter less than 10 microns wide, known as PM 10. (By comparison, a human hair is about 60 microns wide). They also dread the subset known as PM 2.5, for particulate matter less than 2.5 microns wide.

These tiny particles travel deep into the lungs and the smallest ones can even enter the bloodstream. The smallest particles are also the lightest, and can travel vast distances on the wind.

The particles first damage the body simply by getting inside of it, triggering inflammatory reactions that themselves can trigger breathing difficulties, heart attacks and even strokes. Within a few days of smoke exposure, damaged lungs can succumb to bronchitis or pneumonia. In pregnant women, exposure to particulates has been associated with premature birth and low birth weight in infants.
People exposed are starting to cough like they have COVID-19 here.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Looks like hell broke out on the west coast. It breaks out in the pine barrens around here and in Fla, but not very often. Been years since the last outbreak. Usually caused by lightning here.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Looks like hell broke out on the west coast. It breaks out in the pine barrens around here and in Fla, but not very often. Been years since the last outbreak. Usually caused by lightning here.
We had perfect conditions for Hell starting last week.

12:00 and 25:00 in the below video
https://www.kdrv.com/content/video/572376542.html

Today the wind has died down and temps are cooling off with rain expected next week. All that smoke has changed the weather forecast in a good way.

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
We were getting smoke here (~80mi N of Fla) from the last big fire there and it was covering an area from around Melbourne up to Jacksonville. Came close to evacuating (one residential road over) during the last one here and embers were falling on us. You can keep them if you please.

So many Californians have been complaining and threatening to move to Oregon. For the usual reasons. Especially this past year. If the Covid dies down so I can talk to my neighbors I can’t wait to ask how things are going in Ashland and Grants Pass etc. LOL

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
So many Californians have been complaining and threatening to move to Oregon. For the usual reasons. Especially this past year. If the Covid dies down so I can talk to my neighbors I can’t wait to ask how things are going in Ashland and Grants Pass etc. LOL
If you move to the woods eventually it will burn you out.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/california-oregon-washington-fires-friday/index.html
As two major fires in Oregon -- the Beachie Creek and Riverside fires -- threatened to merge in the coming days, air quality levels have badly deteriorated from smoke. Four of the top five cities worldwide with the worst air pollution are in the region -- Portland, Seattle, San Francisco and Vancouver, according to IQAir, a Swiss air quality technology company tracking pollution levels.
So far preemptive EVAC's have saved lives but it's so easy for hundreds of people to get trapped on these back-roads to the hills.
We really don't need more Californians up here. Oregonians are doing a good job ruining the state by themselves.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ....

https://www.kptv.com/news/clackamas...cle_0c58adb8-f5e9-11ea-9c88-27f40735e3ff.html
The sheriff’s office said the number of calls was a 405% increase over the calls fielded from Sept. 5-7. Most of the calls were related to suspicious vehicles or concerns about potential burglaries in Level 2 and Level 3 evacuation zones.
While the "vast majority" turned out to not be criminal in nature, according to deputies, several cases did lead to arrests.
5f5e5c7837135.image.jpg
These people are lucky they were caught by the cops instead of the property owners.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/19kyfmzm...11_Estacada_Stop.mp4&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ....

https://www.kptv.com/news/clackamas...cle_0c58adb8-f5e9-11ea-9c88-27f40735e3ff.html

View attachment 217239
These people are lucky they were caught by the cops instead of the property owners.
Every time I learn of something like this, I always recall the enviable civility with which the Japanese conducted themselves after the devastation left from that horrible tsunami back in 2011.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Every time I learn of something like this, I always recall the enviable civility with which the Japanese conducted themselves after the devastation left from that horrible tsunami back in 2011.
The vast majority here are the same but the hard-core druggies and low-life criminals are thick as flies inside places like Portland. More than one will be 'missing' in the back-woods before this is over.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Today, on LinkedIn, a post by Frank E Estell:

1600177020441.png
The only bird that will peck at a Eagle is the crow. He sits on his back and bites his neck. The eagle does not respond or fight with the crow it doesn't waste time or energy on the crow.

It simply opens its wings and begins to rise higher in the sky .The higher the flight the harder it is for the crow to breathe and then the crow falls due to lack of oxygen.

Stop wasting your time with the crows.

Just take them to your heights and they'll fade.