They seem to be picking on me!?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Anyone else getting an inordinately number of Spoof emails from Paypal, saying my account needs confirming updating etc.
I seem to get one every day now, I forward them to Paypal Spoof of course hopefully they if not eliminate it, reduce it somewhat.
Max.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Anyone else getting an inordinately number of Spoof emails from Paypal, saying my account needs confirming updating etc.
I seem to get one every day now, I forward them to Paypal Spoof of course hopefully they if not eliminate it, reduce it somewhat.
Max.
Max, they're not spoofing. Your Paypal account needs updating.

PM me your username and password and I'll take care of it for you.

:D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
They come in waves. I don't even look at them anymore, since my PayPal account was hacked due to an eBay data breach, I don't use PayPal and rarely eBay.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
They come in waves. I don't even look at them anymore, since my PayPal account was hacked due to an eBay data breach, I don't use PayPal and rarely eBay.
I have been with ebay almost from day one and seen all the teething problems and 'aggravations' and I admit I cursed a little when ebay imposed Paypal on just about every sale.
But I must admit, I have come to find a an affinity to it, especially with a couple of reversals due to scams etc.
My pet beef now is the GSP (Global Shipping Program), but I think ( hopefully) ebay have seen the rebellion to this and harkened.
Max.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm trying to purchase an outdated copy of a movie for my wife. However, half.com an ebay company for 3 day now say's this:

Unable to process payment using PayPal due to technical issues

To pay using PayPal try again at a later time or continue by using Credit Card.

I just wonder if this is a way to get at your card and then create Fraudulent Charges against your card for things you didn't purchase.

Beware. I will use a pre-paid card with an amount that won't kill me; if they try to charge above it. I just don't know if I can load x amount on the card or if they sell one at $20.00us for a purchase of $17.90us.

$2.10 won't kill me. Using a card with a limit of $6000 will; and I'll be dead after my wife smothers me in my sleep.

kv

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
And there is an option on ebay to where you can link your ebay account to your paypal account. I bought something today on ebay ... and declined that invitation to link the two accounts.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I've been using paypal for about 2 years now and I'm not getting any spam about it.
Of course, I have opened a separate pre-paid account with enough money to make me feel safe when using Paypal.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
And there is an option on ebay to where you can link your ebay account to your paypal account. I bought something today on ebay ... and declined that invitation to link the two accounts.
I purchase from e-bay and use my Paypal Account without issues; this is the first time and it bothers me when they say they are an eBay company.

The login Name and Password are the same and somehow this site can't use my Paypal Account?

kv

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Paypal recently requested me proof of identity, and I had to comply since they actually suspended my account until I sent them proof of ID

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I've been using Pay Pal for longer than I can remember now. So farI have had no major issues. A few inconveniences from time to time as they tried doing some changes but that about it.