Thermal Analysis of Schematic

Prithvi10

Joined Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

I want to do thermal analysis of a PCB Schematic and am searching for software to do it. Can anyone please suggest a software to do the thermal analysis.

Thank you.

Regards,
Raj

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Its not a normal route to do a thermal analysis of a schematic, it is done on layouts to prove that you can get rid of the heat,
its part of circuit design for low drift circuits, but thats done before schematics, by design .

can you elaborate on what you have and what you want .

Prithvi10

Joined Apr 1, 2019
Its not a normal route to do a thermal analysis of a schematic, it is done on layouts to prove that you can get rid of the heat,
its part of circuit design for low drift circuits, but thats done before schematics, by design .

can you elaborate on what you have and what you want .
Hi,

what i have is schematic of the PCB and i want to do the thermal analysis of the schematic. The schematic is in pdf form with me.
Thermal analysis in the sense rise in temperature, losses kind of things and i am looking for a software tool for the same.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
To do a thermal analysis of the PCB, you first have to determine the power dissipated in each component on the board.
A Spice program, such as the free LTspice, can do that for common components.

Then you must determine how the board will dissipate that heat.
There are thermal analysis programs that can do that for a PCB (here are some possibilities).