there is no "post" after my article

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi, Just tried to make a post to the forum. It included a file attachment. This was an asc file which I know is accepted. However there lacked a "post" button to press at the bottom of my post.
What is the problem?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi, Just tried to make a post to the forum. It included a file attachment. This was an asc file which I know is accepted. However there lacked a "post" button to press at the bottom of my post.
What is the problem?
The Ai software didn't think your post was worthy.
or
You were using an Apple device in Mobile mode. Click the AA icon on the left side of the address bar and select Mobile Site or Desktop Site (whichever you are not using). Then try again. Note - copy your post to clipboard before trying this or your post may disappear.
I just had this problem with Costco.com

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
The Ai software didn't think your post was worthy.
or
You were using an Apple device in Mobile mode. Click the AA icon on the left side of the address bar and select Mobile Site or Desktop Site (whichever you are not using). Then try again. Note - copy your post to clipboard before trying this or your post may disappear.
I just had this problem with Costco.com
The post was very worthy. It concerned a circuit I was having problems with.
Not using an apple device.
When I try to put in a new post using the same title I get my post popping up again but without "post thread" so I still can't post it. I guess I will just have to try a different title and have another go.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Do you have a weird character in the title?
no weird character MrSalts. This is very annoying. Might wait for a few more replies and then try again using a new title. You should be able to contact the web administrators with this problem.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hit the report button on bottom left of your first (or any) post. Hopefully a moderator can see your saved draft on the new post. Try posting the body here in this thread. Or change the title of this thread to the same as your draft (just above the first post in a thread are the edit title options).

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi den.
If you are able to do, send me the 'post' as a Conversation, I will check for any problems.

The AAC site software filters all posts through a checking procedure, if it finds a suspect problem it shunts the post into an Approval window, where the Mods can double check in order to 'allow or delete'.

E

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi den.
If you are able to do, send me the 'post' as a Conversation, I will check for any problems.

The AAC site software filters all posts through a checking procedure, if it finds a suspect problem it shunts the post into an Approval window, where the Mods can double check in order to 'allow or delete'.

E

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi Eric, My post appears to be in an approval window. Everytime I return to 'power electronics triac firing using pnp transistor' the post is there, but the 'post thread' button is missing so I can't post it.
Everything is ok until I add the schematic file (.asc). Then the button goes missing. I know that type of file is acceptable as I have uploaded it before. Can you fix the problem please Eric.
I see that you are a moderator.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi Eric, My post appears to be in an approval window. Everytime I return to 'power electronics triac firing using pnp transistor' the post is there, but the 'post thread' button is missing so I can't post it.
Everything is ok until I add the schematic file (.asc). Then the button goes missing. I know that type of file is acceptable as I have uploaded it before. Can you fix the problem please Eric.
I see that you are a moderator.
Try adding the text only to your first post to start the thread and then add the schematic to the second post. It is also possible,that your .asc file is too large and the mods have to increase max size for that file type.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi den.
This suggestion is still on the table,

Also, as suggested, post without the 'asc' file attachment and if possible use the Properties' menu for getting the asc file size and post the file size value.
E