The war on cops, another chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Then I will turn the table and say to you - of you were so advanced for school, learn on your own. Rise up above the system that brings you down.
I did. I read the entire science section in the high school library and slept through 7 A.M. chemistry class for an "A" final grade.
The school library wasn't my only resource. My two sisters and I bought an encyclopedia and each of us read the whole thing before high school.
Meanwhile, I was teaching myself electronics, home construction, and German.
I have forgotten almost all the German but I put myself through a 2 year college degree working as an analog designer and Quality Control technician, spent 30 years in the construction industry, and joined AAC.
I've been fixing cars since the 1960's and I am a regular member on a Ford car site.

The people who accepted our school system as normal and appropriate grew up to have jobs like, bus driver, telephone installer, and housewife.
These are the kind of jobs that would make me suicidal. I feel good about what I did with what I had to work with.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Simple. If you are able in body and mind enough to hold at least a menial task job either on your own or through a work assistance program you're able to contribute to society.
If there are jobs that can be had that you are capable of learning to do you are able to work.
Do you know what you just described is how the Native Americans you seem to despise lived before the Europeans came? And also the basis of real Communism, not Sovietism that most call communism.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
@justtrying, TCM doesn't see to that he was just as disrupting to others trying/willing to learn as the "special needs" kids he keeps railing about.

I was one of the 'sleeping through school' kids. By week two after about 3 -4 th grade I had read every book I had, and any others I could find, cover to cover at least once and with an above average reading comprehension and retention ability I rarely had to open them again for the whole year to know what was going on in class. Heck screwing around until I got in trouble for not listening or paying attention then quoting the text book or the last minute o f what the teacher said word for word just to prove I knew what was going on in detail was a rather enjoyable hobby of mine. :D

Given that it meant a had a world of free time to raise hell with every teacher I had that gave me any reason to question their ability to teach which being the school I went to seem to prefer the hire the bottom of the bottom people (drunks and those who just gave up that only worked hard enough to keep their paycheck) I had a lot of hell to raise every day!

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I did. I read the entire science section in the high school library and slept through 7 A.M. chemistry class for an "A" final grade.
The school library wasn't my only resource. My two sisters and I bought an encyclopedia and each of us read the whole thing before high school.
Meanwhile, I was teaching myself electronics, home construction, and German.
I have forgotten almost all the German but I put myself through a 2 year college degree working as an analog designer and Quality Control technician, spent 30 years in the construction industry, and joined AAC.
I've been fixing cars since the 1960's and I am a regular member on a Ford car site.

The people who accepted our school system as normal and appropriate grew up to have jobs like, bus driver, telephone installer, and housewife.
These are the kind of jobs that would make me suicidal. I feel good about what I did with what I had to work with.
Same here. We had a encyclopedia set front 1960's that came from my mom's side of the family and I read it multiple times over while growing up. I also went through our school's entire library collection of technical and scientific plus other non fictional sections a few times too before 9th grade.

As for who and what my school turned out for people they went on to become pretty much the same as yours. Average unassuming people who fill in the dull and boring but necessary positions in life.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Another Gewgaw comment. :rolleyes:
Gewgaw as in 'useless' or as in 'braying jackass' sound?

(depends on how you want to pronounce it.)

Guessing since I don't see who you are commenting on it's someone I have on my ignore list to which more than likely both terms fit rather appropriately. :rolleyes:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
No, that's when I stopped being so bored that I would look for anything to clean or paint, just to burn off some energy.:(
In my case, I used to take and break things appart (sometimes when they were brand new, to my parents great annoyance) ... and a little later I actually learned how to fix them (to my parents great pleasure) ... and afterwards I'd start adding some "improvements" ... (annoyed parents again :D)

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
(annoyed parents again :D)
yebbut...I'm 66 and have no parents to annoy.
I have to try to annoy my sister or her son, and they both think I'm some kind of wizard.:(

War on Cops Thread? While I'm here...
I saw about 4 minutes of a TV show meant to glorify our heroes in blue, Panic 9-1-1
Some old couple had a meth head kicking down their doors, so they got on the phone to 9-1-1 and let the operator listen as he kicked down the last door and the husband killed him with a pistol. Several minutes later, the police arrived, surrounded the outside of the house and demanded that the real hero whom they were too late to protect or serve come out with his hands up and surrender to their authoritah.

I would have told them to send in somebody with his balls still intact and help me haul the corpse out of the house.
They would then escalate to flash-bang grenades, SWAT teams, hundreds of bullets, and a dead hero.

I just can't quit shaking my head at the idea that a platoon of police were too cowardly to go in the house after the, "threat" of survival had already been eliminated.

Edit: and they think this is how to glorify their heroic selves on TV.:(

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
War on Cops Thread? While I'm here...
I saw about 4 minutes of a TV show meant to glorify our heroes in blue, Panic 9-1-1
Some old couple had a meth head kicking down their doors, so they got on the phone to 9-1-1 and let the operator listen as he kicked down the last door and the husband killed him with a pistol. Several minutes later, the police arrived, surrounded the outside of the house and demanded that the real hero whom they were too late to protect or serve come out with his hands up and surrender to their authoritah.
That is a direct result of the 'War On Guns'. The politico's want to eliminate self-defense with guns as a part of the left-wing anti-gun agenda.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/12/if-you-like-the-war-on-drugs-youll-love

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Do you know what you just described is how the Native Americans you seem to despise lived before the Europeans came? And also the basis of real Communism, not Sovietism that most call communism.
I was going to write the very same thing, but felt like it would best if it came from someone else.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Here's an update on Terence Crutcher...he did contain some PCP inside him, apparently a fatal dose because:
"Shelby contradicted herself in the interview however, by candidly admitting that Crutcher was not being “belligerent” or showing “any aggression.”
and:
"On Wednesday, the first day of testimony in Shelby’s trail began with six witnesses, including cops, testifying that they did not see Crutcher do anything to signal that he was a threat to Shelby or other officers."
http://policestatedaily.com/six-wit...-crutcher-posed-no-threat-when-killed-by-cop/

So, looking stoned was what caused his death, much like in the Philippines lately.
Unarmed, hands up, and looking stoned means, no crime happened...if you're a cop.
If you aren't? Guess what is going to happen to you for killing a person who makes no move against you, says nothing, and merely looks stoned.:D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Here's an update on Terence Crutcher...he did contain some PCP inside him, apparently a fatal dose because:
"Shelby contradicted herself in the interview however, by candidly admitting that Crutcher was not being “belligerent” or showing “any aggression.”
and:
"On Wednesday, the first day of testimony in Shelby’s trail began with six witnesses, including cops, testifying that they did not see Crutcher do anything to signal that he was a threat to Shelby or other officers."
http://policestatedaily.com/six-wit...-crutcher-posed-no-threat-when-killed-by-cop/

So, looking stoned was what caused his death, much like in the Philippines lately.
Unarmed, hands up, and looking stoned means, no crime happened...if you're a cop.
If you aren't? Guess what is going to happen to you for killing a person who makes no move against you, says nothing, and merely looks stoned.:D
The jury (that included 3 blacks) heard the evidence and decided the case, justice was done by the rule of law.
Tulsa County District Attorney Stephen Kunzweiler in a statement Wednesday night thanked jurors and said "there can be no doubt that the decision rendered by this jury was only after a long and deliberative process."
http://kfor.com/2017/05/22/read-ful...fficer-in-fatal-shooting-of-terence-crutcher/
The Jury concluded that any officer put in that situation at that exact moment and regardless of the skin color, gender or size of the suspect, would have performed the same way, which is in accordance with their law enforcement training. By all evidence presented, that instant required action, which two officers took simultaneously. That moment, according to the evidence presented, was unfortunate and tragic, but justifiable due to the actions of the suspect.
I believe that I speak for the whole of the Jury, when I say that the general public in these types of cases are unaware of just how specifically the rule of law dictates how a Jury must reach a verdict. The State, in this case, had the burden to prove guilt to each element of the respective charge, beyond a reasonable doubt. Some elements are extremely specific, which makes it more challenging for the prosecution to cross that barrier of “beyond a reasonable doubt”. In this case, after extensive deliberation, we the Jury, in accordance with the instructions provided by the Court and through examination of all evidence presented, could not overcome guilt beyond a reasonable doubt and consequently delivered a “not guilty” verdict.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.