The Perfect LCD???

johthu

Joined Mar 25, 2018
Hello,
I have been searching the Internet for days now, hours wasted scrolling through alibaba and aliexpress with very little luck.

I am looking for a 1 to 2.6 inch color lcd (doesn't matter if oled or tft or whatever) with a resolution of around 480x800 or similar with an aspect ratio of around 16:9. It is not important how closely it fits to these specs, as I can figure things out after. The cost must be less than 20.

Thanks for the help

johthu

Joined Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for that, but it really must be under 2.6ish in size and touchscreen wouldn't be great as it would just get in the way, as it's mounted inside a case wouldn't be used. On top of that it would be great if I could buy these as will need tens of them.

I really don't know where else to look, the internet has nothing.

Thanks for that, but it really must be under 2.6ish in size and touchscreen wouldn't be great as it would just get in the way, as it's mounted inside a case wouldn't be used. On top of that it would be great if I could buy these as will need tens of them.

I really don't know where else to look, the internet has nothing.
I wish I could help, but the smallest I see at that resolution is 5". https://www.displaymodule.com/products/dm-tft50-111

Honestly, I can't imagine why someone would make a 1" 800 x 480 display since most eyes would not be able to utilize all that that resolution - I would think. Any chance you can use a more common modern OLED https://www.banggood.com/1_3-Inch-4...-p-1067874.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN and scale it in software?

I am curious, can you say why you need it that small but with that high a resolution?

Last edited:

johthu

Joined Mar 25, 2018
I have this little project planned out, nothing too hard. The lcd's will be used as eye pieces and will be displaying an analogue image, as will be used for fpv. So a kind of a cheap, low res vr system.

johthu

Joined Mar 25, 2018
I've had second thoughts and a max of 3.5" screen will be okay as I've got a better idea.
But the smaller the better, so still would like 1.5" over 3.5"