T connector

irastha

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Hi everyone,
I wanted to calculate the impedance of BNC T connector. Please share your ideas. Or if Anybody happen to know the equivalent circuit ot BNC T connector, Please help me out.
Thanks a lot

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
My catalogs indicate I can get them characterized for 75 ohms, 50 ohms, or just connectors with no characteristic. You need to be sure of which type you have.

For impedance checking, place it in a resonant circuit and look for heating at the T.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If you have a source and load connected by a transmission line, all the power should end up in the load. A mismatched section of transmission line will absorb some of the power, and heat up.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
If you have a source and load connected by a transmission line, all the power should end up in the load. A mismatched section of transmission line will absorb some of the power, and heat up.
If we are talking about ideal (lossless) transmission lines, a line will not dissipate power due to an impedance mismatch.

irastha

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Thanks everyone for reply. I will try to measure it in lab today. :)
And one more help please. I need to buy one multiport repeater (3 port would be enough) for 10Base2 ethernet (using RG58 coax cable). Could anyone suggest me the one. I am looking through various websites.
Please share if u have any idea of the cheper and good one...
Thx a lot