Surface Mount Chip

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
And you need all the features of the drv8881, which is the one giving you trouble? I don't know much about BLDC motor control, but i found an application note for the mc33033: https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/AN1046-D.PDF
Well, at least was found as a result for the mc33033, but actually use an mc33035 on the application note. However, it shows a discrete H-bridge implementation. Is that an option? Or maybe a different driver IC?
Thanks, but do not see any advantage of this over mc33033. Again problem here is how to interface mc33033 which is DIP with the Drv which is SMD. This is the Crux of the problem.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Thanks, but do not see any advantage of this over mc33033. Again problem here is how to interface mc33033 which is DIP with the Drv which is SMD. This is the Crux of the problem.
You could have designed your own adapter and had it by now...

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Again, my problem is SMT soldering. Any solution that avoids this would be the one.
You chose a device only available in a SMT package. How can package type be a problem?

Even with a DIP adapter, you're going to have to solder the SMT device.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You chose a device only available in a SMT package. How can package type be a problem?

Even with a DIP adapter, you're going to have to solder the SMT device.
You need a ZIF package and a socket. But there may not be such a thing for an IC you want.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
How about using the good old L297 and 298N combo? Ready to drive 4wire steppers, up to 50V and 4A and available in a through hole package.

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
How about using the good old L297 and 298N combo? Ready to drive 4wire steppers, up to 50V and 4A and available in a through hole package.
Mine is a turn table motor not a stepper, so wonder if it will work. A link to the specsheet would be nice

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
Then no need for an H bridge. Just a transistor and a flyback diode. like this https://i.stack.imgur.com/pt3hM.png

50 posts to find out what you are acutally trying to do, all spent around your solution that you think you need... Why is this so typical in almost all threads? :rolleyes:
Because most threads are by men and not women, who wouldn't hesitate to spell out every goddam detail including the dream they had let night. :p
Is this a joke?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
First paragraph definitely not, second is a neutral sigh on how it usually goes on electronic forums, and wayne´s third is an obvious joke.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Seriously? My motor is 22v. This shows 3.7v. motor has 4 coils 90 deg apart
Sorry about that, don´t mind the values, that was the general way it should be done. I thought it is an ordinary DC motor.

You say it has 4 coils, but is not a stepper, nor a normal DC motor, then what is it? Some 4 phase BLDC? Do you have some photos, part name, datasheet...?

beatsal

Joined Jan 21, 2018
Sorry about that, don´t mind the values, that was the general way it should be done. I thought it is an ordinary DC motor.

You say it has 4 coils, but is not a stepper, nor a normal DC motor, then what is it? Some 4 phase BLDC? Do you have some photos, part name, datasheet...?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Then please post some photos, and where it comes from. I have found a few diffrerent ways turntable motors work - AC induction, DC with field and armature, DC with permanent magnets and feedback, two phase reluctance...
Have you measured the resistance between all the wires?