Suggested clarification to TOS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aleph(0), Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleph(0)

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 14, 2015
    So I totally understand when rule says _free energy_ it means _over-unity devices_ which claim more energy output than net energy (which includes energy equivalent of any mass to be converted) input.

But I think just saying 'discussion of free energy prohibited' can confuse ppl cuz _free_ can just mean cost free to user:cool:! So just for examples of totally mainstream energy sources, after initial investment;

Nuclear.
    Direct solar
    (like photovoltaic cells and solar water heaters).
    Indirect solar like fossil fuel and fluid dynamics (so wind and hydroelectric).
    Geothermal.
    And even just heat pumps.

All provide some energy free of cost to operator! So sorry to sound like I'm splitting hairs:oops:! But I say present wording can scare ppl with legitimate questions away:(! Tnx!

Edited by @Aleph(0) to expand text message specific abbreviations.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I think it should be in the TOS to prohibit short words.

It is because not cuz.
    It is people not ppl

We are all adults here. Lets start writing like adults.

And I think the TOS is clear enough on over unity.

3. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    It's better than the other extreme.:eek::mad:

OBW0549, MaxHeadRoom and spinnaker like this.
  4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

Smileys :) are limited :( on a lot of sites:eek:. It should be the same :confused: here :cool:.

shortbus, OBW0549 and MaxHeadRoom like this.
  5. OBW0549

Distinguished Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I seriously doubt that. To anyone likely to come here, the phrase "free energy" has a very specific meaning and denotes some magical, techno-onanistic way of getting something for nothing. I see absolutely no reason to change the TOS.

And I share @spinnaker's annoyance at teenie-bopper "text-speak."

6. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I really thought you would get my meaning. Since you have complained about the other extreme too.

Aleph(0) likes this.
  7. paulktreg

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 2, 2008
    So we're going to limit the use of smileys and HP to a maximum word length of 6 letters? ;):):confused::p

Aleph(0) likes this.
  8. Jonlate

Dec 21, 2017
    What about the overuse of punctuation marks!!!!!!!

9. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    OBW0549 serious thanks! I wasn't totally sure _free energy_ was a pan disciplinary buzzword for over unity so now I'm reassured about that:)!

@shortbus and @spinnaker I say you guys are something else cuz you don't like little words OR big words so maybe we should dub you _The Goldilocks Crew_;)? Or not:eek:?! Being serious I agree that text brevity outside its _realm_ can be very tedious! So I'm making conscious effort to curb it:oops:! But seriously I don't see problem with mainstream abbreviations like _cuz_, _ppl_, _tnx_ and like that or using emojis to compensate for tone of voice?

Anyhow THANKS to everyone for replies cuz your unanimous opinion that _free energy_ is not ambiguous settles my doubts:)

10. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    "Cuz" I just don't like when adults post like pre-adolescents.

OBW0549 and hexreader like this.
  11. tcmtech

Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013
    All the keys on all of my keyboards and all of my fingers work plus I know how to use a online dictionary to figure out an unfamiliar to me words so I tend to try and the justifications to use them all every chance I get. ;)

Mostly, If you're not here to learn but to expect others to dummy down for your sake then what exactly are you here for? :confused:

Aleph(0) likes this.
  12. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    Spinniker I say a lot of abbreviation and almost all acronyms are kind of childish sounding when you think on it? So I say English language speakers are a single people separated by conventions of multiple generations;)

But being totally honest I promise to proofread my posts before submission to _weed out_ leetspeak and like that:)!

13. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    Tcmtech thanks for friendly post:cool:! So keeping record straight I think they want HP to dumb down and me to smarten up:eek::D:p

14. tcmtech

Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013

Yea, and I am going to go politically correct and stop calling out obvious foul play/ruel breaks by moderators and or general feigned idiocy by others, we all know are not as dumb as they want to be seen as, when I see it too. :rolleyes:

(now bring on the usual mysterious unexplained post disappearances and or troll attacks.) :p

15. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Aleph(0) likes this.
  16. Aleph(0)

Mar 14, 2015
    DickCappels thanks! So just to let everyone know no hard feelings about _ribbing_:cool: and serious thanks to ppl for cluing me in that concerns about term _free energy_ are probably unfounded:)!

17. tcmtech

Distinguished Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Uh... What? All two of my posts are still here and I know Alph(0) would not have requested my posts be deleted for being off-topic, so did you target me for deletion in order to hide something everyone is already very well aware of you doing like deleting certain peoples posts just to appease your protected trolls and screw up in the process? :rolleyes:

Are you aware this is exactly why people are leaving the forum and no one trusts your moderation actions or abilities to play honest and fair by the established TOS any more? :confused:

18. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Nearly the entire thread was deleted as being off topic, then realizing that everybody was having fun with in and no offense was being taken, The thread was formally converted to what it had become" and Off Topic thread. Sorry, tcmtech, it is not about you.

19. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I say let the sesquipedalian words stand tall. Let everyone run to their favorite dictionary.

Why should HP lower her standards? Ignore her if you don't like what she states.

It's not her responsibility for your vocabulary deficit.

Aleph(0) and tcmtech like this.
  20. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    The way 'free energy' is intentionally used as a term of woo-woo here is not ambiguous but there is a valid scientific meaning to free energy.

Aleph(0) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.