Street Food

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Deep-frying is an underrated cooking method in the US. Dialing in the right temp & time and a fryer that can maintain temp (I.e. don't overload your vat with too much cold food) are key to great, not greasy foods,

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Not a big fan of the raw stuff and shouldn't eat the fried stuff but I still love it. What I really love is the grilled stuff on a stick that gets seasoned perfectly to my taste!

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Pig ingesting with "a little stink" @ 1:30 but he tries to cut it with vinegar.

There are things on this earth that are eaten because ya can't afford anything better. There are foods cocked and sold because your customers cannot afford anything better. What I'm saying is, anybody that can afford to sit back and watch YouTube videos or peruse this site doesn't need to eat anything from the digestive track of another animal that has "a little stink" to it. I listened to a hipster tell me how good his life is because he does x, y and z. My conclusion was that this guy is broke and living his best life as a man with no money. Sorry guys, I couldn't even watch the rest of the video - night market might have more horrors that I don't want to discuss (or buy into).

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Many years ago, I would often visit the Kai Kai Coffee Shop in Chicago's "China Town" and would see the old men eating their "Hundred-Year-Old Duck Eggs". I was never interested in trying one... I can eat Sushi or suck down raw oysters and eat the tiny live crabs in them all day but I have to draw the line somewhere. You can add chitlins to my no-no list.